Musical Guilty Pleasures

I’ve only just been rediscovering her on Spotify, and have to admit, I found her through Metacritic back in the day. She operates within some limitations, but really excels in them. Like the fact that she writes her own stuff. You do wonder who’ll end up better off. Someone like Britney, huge but reliant on an army of writers for her most impressive stuff, or Robyn, much much smaller in global recognition, but banking royalties all the time.

Sia. She is awesome. Actually I’m not even guilty about that one.

Madonna.

For me it’s Huey Lewis & The News’ Fore! album. I blame Back To The Future.

3 Likes

Might need to rename this thread KRG, all I’m seeing so far is quality.

more quality music for the quality music thread

2 Likes

From the teeny bop era!! Bye Bye Street Cred. :confused:

and

Great song - saw them in New York supporting the Human League - a phrase I have never uttered before, nor probably will again.

So guilty that you don’t want to mention exactly who you saw?

Used to worship them but… dunno just realised that it was just a Mark King bromantic crush.

As I’ve mentioned before, back in the day I saw Erasure at the Brighton Dome (not a euphemism).

How gay am I?

I saw Men Without Hats - but some fucker did that annoying thing of slipping a post in that makes your own comment look rather odd.

Drat it … I was so hoping it was going to be The Osmonds!!

1 Like

No…that’s Mrs RB, she loves Donny. :astonished:

And what promoter would book The Osmonds to support The Human League?..next week, Iron Maiden with Level 42.

Well you did say it was in New York … when have The Septics ever been accused of having good taste and judgement? :wink:

Heard this numerous times over the summer. Remember it from USA radio, when I was driving round New England/NY back in 1988.

1 Like

Very… somuch so you need to change your avatar to QueenBletch

2 Likes

I saw T.Rex at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon at the time when they had changed from being a hippy duo to being a young girls wet dream.

Twice!

Is it really wrong to like this? Always like his voice and the synth v folky v pied Pipery thingy combo was certainly interesting :lou_is_a_flirt:

… but then again… :lou_facepalm_2:

No not at all, it’s my go to song if I need cheering up :lou_lol: