šŸŽµ MP3 Player Recommendations

Well I decided rather unsurprisingly on the Sony NW-A45ā€¦

Iā€™ll let you know what itā€™s like when it arrives next week. Itā€™s a 16mb player but with a 64gb micro sd card it should accommodate a fair slice of my collection. Bluetooth Sony headphones to follow too.

Interesting thread as my other half is trying to find a phone to get his music on to. Weā€™ve used Google play but it is so bloody slow. Heā€™s found an app that is better. Maybe something like this would be better although a pain to carry both.

Iā€™ve been dragged into the 21st century with a 3rd hand iPhone.

Plays music really well.

Hey @Intiniki all he has to do is connect it to the computer, it should then mount a removable drive which you can just copy your music on to.

Your phone should then just can and find the music!!

What phone does he have BTW??

Samsung galaxy 5. Itā€™s struggling so heā€™s going to get an 8. Oh and his laptop is over 10 years old so probably a combo of both. Google play is sometimes super quick for me or just ignores new music.

OK so now I have my Sony Walkman A-45 Iā€™m ready to add the lightweight bluetooth headphones.

As Iā€™ve said in other post on this subject I usually end up with Sony gear but Iā€™m open to other recommendations . Iā€™m sure a few of you commuters use the convenient cable free headphones. Mine will be mostly used walking the dog, sitting in the garden and on the beach on holiday. Good quality sound of course is important and the folding compact type preferable.

BTW not looking at in the ear buds as I think it likely in the not too distant future a hearing aid might be competeing for the available space.

pardon?

1 Like

Itā€™s not that badā€¦just the normal age related top end missingā€¦youā€™ll get it too young man. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

I went through the same headphone search a few months ago.

My trusty pair of cheap, in ear bluetooth headphones got trodden on so I needed to replace them. I had an Amazon gift voucher to use so decided Iā€™d spend a bit more than I otherwise would.

I get on well with the in-ear type but decided Iā€™d consider over the ear ones too. I eventually drew a blank and bought the same ones I had @~Ā£20.

Theyā€™re average but I decided I just wasnā€™t happy with anything that was under about Ā£150.

Sorry I canā€™t be of more help.

BTW how much of your high-end hearing loss is down to gigs. My hearing is definitely going now and I think much of it is down to gigs and headphones.

High end hearing shot.

Too many NWOBHM and the old guard gigs at the Gaumont did for me

:lou_sad:

Buy some decent earplugs now! Iā€™ve recommended some on here several times.

1 Like

My partner bought noise cancelling Bose ones. He highly recommends them but they were v pricey.

You have indeed @Intiniki - hearing was fucked beforehand- stable door and all thatā€¦

Well I had tests saying mine had deteriorated years ago due to loud music at wodo. But still use them so it doesnā€™t get any worse.

1 Like

Funnily enough despitte the hearing loss I still get annoyed by mid / low range noise.

We are on the high level flight path for planes circling in to Heathrow- planes start circling from about 5am (at altitudes tbf), but Iā€™ve taken to chucking in some plugs so the change in background noise doesnā€™t wake me. Itā€™s fine otherwise.

Slightly off topic, but I really do struggle to sleep, most of the time. Despite following all existing knowledge about insomnia. I exercise until iā€™m so tired. Avoid caffeine, try and avoid stress in the evening. Youā€™re probably thinking iā€™m joking, iā€™m really not.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it a matter of trying not to worry about not being able to sleep and itā€™ll happen eventually- says the man posting at 4.30amā€¦

1 Like

Alcohol, Ted?

Whilst it helps to get us off to sleep,it has a terrible impact on quality of sleep.

I sleep well nowadays but occasionally will get a string of days where sleep doesnā€™t go as planned. I find if I take some ibuprofen before bed it can really help. But I have to get my mind right too.

Good luck with it as prolonged lack of sleep makes everything else seem so fucking hard.

Bbc program years ago, ā€œgrow your own drugsā€ or something. He took a few insomniacs and gave them a pillow stuffed with a common herb and they all said it was effective. Might be worth a look. I have a feeling it was lavender, but check, as iā€™m not positive.

1 Like

Last things firstā€¦ "BTW how much of your high-end hearing loss is down to gigs. My hearing is definitely going now and I think much of it is down to gigs and headphones."
Pretty well impossible to tell. I have a friend who is suffering an even greater top-end loss and heā€™s never been a big music fanā€¦gigs or headphones. He went for a hearing test and they showed him the results in graph form and the hearing range was pretty good until it got to the higher frequencies and he said the line just fell off a cliff. They told him it was a very common age related hearing loss.

For bluetooth wireless headphones Iā€™ve gone for the over-ear type as I will probably swallow my pride and go for a hearing test in the not too distant future and an in-ear aid would preclude in-ear phones. I canā€™t bring myself to pay mega-bucks so I went for these as they have had pretty good reviewsā€¦
Sony MDR-XB950N1B