Motson Watch

When Motson says

Diego Costa isn’t the type of player to go down if he isn’t really hurt… :astonished:

it is clearly time for the suede-coated simpleton to clear his desk.

The bloke is completely out of touch with the modern game, he cannot grasp rule changes, nor judge players, he is a cartoon bufoon from another era who offers little other than annoying cliches.

10 Likes

The BBC are essentially keeping him in a luxury granny flat annexe when he should have been put in a home and out of public sight a long time ago. He talks utter shite.

1 Like

He is a national hero, more so than our brave soldiers. And if saying that makes me an “utter cunt” then sobeit.

2 Likes

Motty must be over 100 years old by now surely? To give him his due, he has upset the “Club Historian” in the past so he cant be all bad!

1 Like

No doubt a top commentator in his day but has become a parody of himself, and seems reliant on overly complicated and obscure stats that bear no relevance on today’s game. In his defence he has taken a long time to become irritating, there are are a lot younger commentators/analysts that were annoying as soon as they picked up a microphone.

5 Likes

1 Like

Motson a top commentator?

You do read strange stuff on the interwebs

Commentating’s a tough job; you’ve basically got to know what’s happening straight away, all the time, the names of all the players at a glance, all that stuff. But Motty’s consistently about 30 seconds behind the action these days.

He’s quite funny on radio panel things, getting angry and frustrated at the modern game.

It’s a shame he’s never slipped up and said something massively racist. Then he could have been retired without regret.

Alan Green could do with shooting too

Wasn’t it Motson that wanted to get rid of stripes on the back of shirts because he couldn’t read the names?

3 Likes

Pearce too.

What a fantastic strike! he shrieks as a shinner bounces twice before bobbling through a dodgy keeper.

Jonaton Pearce gets confused

5 Live is utter toilet for football commentary these days. The commentators are generally OK (except Alan Green who runs Eamonn Holmes close in the race for World’s Complete Cunt) but the summarisers are pure TalkSport. They add nothing.

‘I’ve got a feeling there could be another goal’ reads Motson from his script as Man City take the corner that they score the winner from.

He treats us like idiots.

1 Like

I don’t know if you listen to Football Weekly, but I’d love to see a radio station based more along those principles than what’s presently available.

talkSPORT is just fucking unlistenable these days, and it’s never been what you’d call good. After just about learning to live with their stupid fucking commercial adverts, it’s the constant self-promotion that really gets me. We’re already fucking listening you fucknuts. Why are you advertisting a fucking show and station that we’re already listening to. The recent buyout by Murdoch hasn’t helped at all.

I’ve never had too much time for Five Live. They’ve an awful habit of interspersing their coverage with BBC “News”, which tends to fuck me off.

3 Likes

David Pleat was commentating fot Saints v Liverpool yesterday on BBC radio, you’d think after years in the game he could just ask someone how to pronounce player’s names. Yes it’s trivial but it annoys me, probably because my Dad has the same affliction when it comes to Saints players and I am constantly having to correct him. Current problematic names for the old man are Matt Taggart, Orrol Rommioo and Stefan Boofle, he doesn’t even try with Hojbjerg (yes I had to look up the spelling). Yesterday according to Pleat our team included; Foster (unforgivable after 2 years in the premier league), Cerdric Sores, Romeo and Hole-berg.

4 Likes

Mostly upvoted for this bit :lou_lol:

1 Like

That fucking old dinosaur Merrington keeps referring to Foster & he’s supposed to be the local expert . Nothing can be worse than Radio Solent, nothing . It’s fucking shocking . I wasn’t sure whether to do palace as its not one of my fav days , but the thought of listening to those bumbling idiots and the effect they have on my blood pressure was enough to convince me that chucking half a dozen pints down my neck around Clapham , travelling to their shit hole before returning for a few more was healthier than listening to that whilst walking the dog. And don’t get me started on the fucking clowns that text in, giving their opinions on the style of play, tactics & players when all they e done is listened to the commentary, it’s like getting Stevie Wonder to judge Strictly.

Don’t get me wrong I respect Dave for what he’s done for the club and his hearts in the right place , but he’s fucking woeful. Local BBC radio is fucking woeful , I’m sure Partridge is a documentary rather than a work of fiction.

3 Likes

I have a theory about local newscasters. Essentially, the local news is for anyone that doesn’t pass the national “hubba” test. I have knowledge of several broadcasting regions to confirm this, but for anyone needing a reminder, here’s Chris “Crispy Cock” Peacock from Southern news.

Local radio is probably similar. There are probably good reasons why Merrington is not on the national radio, not least of all the way he says “Foster”. Perhaps Big Adam Blackmore is a wrecker of hotel rooms and they can’t afford to have him away from the South too long.

Meridian keep asking me to text in what I think…one day I might respond.

I’m sure it was better when it was Southern TV