McQueen Signs extended contract

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

We’re delighted to announce that Academy graduate @sammcqueen123 has signed a new contract with #SaintsFC! :innocent: https://grabyo.com/g/v/SOl0Fw4fO7p

Retweets: 19

Favourites: 32

…adversarially built by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

6 Likes

4.5 year contract until 2021. That’ll keep Klopp’s hands off of him or maybe not…

Can someone tell Bazza?

4 Likes

Longer contract = more money when they go.

Folly to pretend it means anything else.

3 Likes

Good lad!

Always comes across as an intelligent lad.

Fully deserved. Has put in some excellent performances this season.

Not.Maybe the story was put about by his Agent so that he got a new contract.One result is Klopp can’t get him on the cheap.Saints are in control.

I reckon he’d beat Targett in a game of scrabble.

1 Like

That would be

Alvaro VAZQUEZ (37)

If he’s good he’s gone in two seasons.

Ever the optimist Bazza.

FWIW I have mutual friends with Sam and nobody has a bad word to say about him, seems like a thoroughly nice lad and i’m delighted that he’s proven himself so far. It does put us in the unenviable position of having 3 good LBs at the club though…

3 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed that Alex Crook has got it wrong again. He seems so clued up usually.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

4 Likes

Nice one.

We just need to get Sims to extend his deal then we can delay the unimaginative Liverpool rumours about him until May as well.

I wonder if any of these bigger clubs have ever considered buying their own good players - or perhaps developing them from an early age?

It could save them a fortune and save us having false dawns every season.

Sad news that Sam has been forced to retire.

1 Like

Very sad, but reading between the lines Saints are offloading a drain on resources.

Harsh? Maybe. Sorry for the nipper though.

1 Like

Yes the media team have put together a very thoughtful piece on his decision. Very sad…

1 Like