Liverpool vs Southampton Match Thread - 7/5/17 K.O. 13:30

Wow, Bucks isn’t taking prisoners today

3 Likes

Assume nothing!

@coxford_lou may have given the order.

1 Like

A 1-1 draw which I will gratefully accept as a birthday present.

3 Likes

I stand corrected he has only given them a 2-0 win the bastard.

This article… :lou_angry:

Virgil van Dijk, Oriol Romeu and Ryan Bertrand potential Liverpool targets, says Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson says three Saints are likely to interest Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool will be sizing up another raid of Southampton’s squad this summer ahead of their Super Sunday showdown, says Phil Thompson.

The Reds have signed no less than five Saints over the last three summers, with Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Sadio Mane, Nathaniel Clyne and Rickie Lambert all arriving for over £100m.

Jurgen Klopp is expected to strengthen again this summer after failing to maintain their Premier League title chase, with securing a top-four finish the focus when Claude Puel’s men visit Anfield in Sunday’s early kick-off.

We asked Soccer Saturday pundit Thommo to pick out the potential targets from St Mary’s this summer…

Virgil van Dijk

Virgil van Dijk is expected to have his suitors this summer

I’d straight away say Van Dijk, who I have always rated. The way he plays the game would make him a perfect fit for a Klopp team. There’s always been an affiliation with Dutch players at Liverpool. I remember the 60s when we first played against Johan Cruyff’s Ajax and we were left in awe.

We obviously talk about Dirk Kuyt very highly and I think the club have a connection to that Dutch style of play. Our big issue is that the other sides in the top six will also be looking at him.

Ryan Bertrand

Bertrand is another one who would improve us. James Milner has been nothing short of fantastic but he’s not a natural left-back and it’s hard to see any sort of future for Alberto Moreno at the club. Bertrand is a good defender and he times his movement going forward particularly well.

Oriol Romeu

Oriol Romeu has impressed in front of the Saints backline

There might be a bit of interest as well in Romeu, who has had an excellent season and does exactly what it says on the tin. He’s a destroyer, he’s got a great attitude and passes the ball very well. If Southampton were interested in cashing in then he’d offer us something we don’t really have at the moment.

I wind up Le Tiss up asking if the tea lady makes a good brew and what her contract is like, but it’s a compliment to them really as they’re as good as anyone around at producing players.

Your assumption is bollocks (again). I have had limited participation in this forum for the past few weeks as I have been viewing in Oz. So, tough sleeping due to fucking nuts time difference, seriously drunk all of the time and obviously having to keep one eye out for all of the numerous “oh, that’ll kill ya mate” wildlife*.

*massive myth. Seen nothing at all

Might get something from this.

I’m working so will miss the game…

It’s the ones you don’t see that kill ya. Just sayin’ :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

We’re nothing short of a selling club, what is the point, buy seasoned pros sell the academy and fuck it all, modern football is shit,

3 Likes

I just heard on Talk sport 2 Frannie getting some stick from presenters laughing at Southampton being a shop window club. The thing that hurt most was it was from a West Ham fan!

1 Like

Chelsea admit that they cannot hold onto Hazard, United couldn’t keep Ronaldo, Liverpool lost Suarez - yet Southampton is the only club who can’t keep players?

West Ham are still smarting from that dodgy high-mileage scrapper we sold them in January.

7 Likes

West Ham sold Payet and bought Snodgrass.

8 Likes

Bugger.

Got a Business Meeting I can’t get out of at 3:30pm local at Barasti so I’ll be there for the game.

Expect us to lose 3 or 4 nil then .

Apologies for any of you who used my absence from watching to realize a win would have been a good bet, maybe you can still cash out or something?

Although our “own” Dr Barry Gale (Tom Davies) (a WHU diehard fan) was raving about (his pal) Jose’s performance against Spurs on Twitter yesterday …

Dear @dubai_phil myself and @gavstar will require the expected winnings due to your non absence. As previously reported not just the return of our stake if we are luckily enough to cash out

mine will be the paltry sum of 600 UK pounds of the realm

depending on the result I will forward pay pal details for re-imbursement as I am sure @gavstar will do the same

cheers

the betting fraternity

Dear Betting Community

Not a problem, please forward your full bank account information including

IBAN SWIFT CODES SECRET QUESTION and PASSWORD

to my accountants email fagin@dodgynigerianbankers.com

We look forward to clearing this unfortunate situation up

Let us not forget that in 3 games this season Liverpool have failed to score against us :lou_smiley:

1 Like

Having said that I just hope they haven’t been saving up for today :lou_surprised:

:lou_facepalm_2:

You just HAD to say that didn’t you…

FFS

1 Like