🌿 ❓ Legalise it?

Psychosis in adolescents after smoking weed is nothing new. Quite a few people I know into weed at 16 (I wasn’t) ended up getting sectioned, and they were on the rocky, not the green stuff.

I always tell teenagers the same thing. Don’t do anything until you’re at least 21. Give your brain time to get through its formative years.

What’s (relatively) new is the confirmation in the Psychiatry literature.

1 Like

Weird to see in person. I would also argue that alcohol is a much bigger producer of psychotic events than weed.

That is certainly true, but we’re too far gone to make that illegal. The precedent from the US in the 20s is not good.

Granted, but you can’t keep weed illegal on the basis that it produces psychotic episodes with (pardon the pun) alcohol in the mix.

I’m not suggesting prohibition. I’m suggesting we remove more of it.

Fun Oz fact. Psychosis and myself have done the merry dance not once, not twice but thrice! Two were “Mary Jane Induced” and one was not.

Funny thing is, over the course of the first two, I smoked weed for no more than 8 months in total. Does that put the onus on the drugs or my disposition to them?

I actually don’t GAF what any literature, false profit (psychologist) or “text” says, that is all bullshit imho. Until you have stood on the preface of an episode, that’s when you find out a thing or two about life, the universe and everything.

Would I call for Mary to be set free? Heck Yes!!

If Governments say its illegal for XYZ reason, I can guarantee you that its God-given purpose is ABC.

Luckily I am a happy/tired drunk and used to just enjoy spacing out to early Bob Dylan during a smoke but I will say this, you CANNOT make blanket decisions about this based on “data” as it effects every single person differently.

So, yeah, that’s me story and welcome to my TED talk

4 Likes

Ffs
Another Ted Talk!
What happened to posting shit

Sniffer dogs.

3 Likes

Welcome to my Shit Talk. Feeling better now? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I’d happily eat that

1 Like

Filthy swine!