It's fucking cold!

24C sandstorm and probably more showers today. You have weird airstream bringing this crap to you, much in the way we do. We’ve caught the outer edges of the Indian Monsoon, anyone who has been in the US after a former Hurricane / Tropical Storm passes over knows that feeling of heavy humid air that we have now.

The weather is getting weird.

Fuck. Two days of taking the piss out of the troops for whinging about the snow and I could be snowed in. Hopefully the Ayatollahs landie will get me up the hill.

No driving today! What time is it reasonable to have my first cocktail?

6 Likes

Looks like I am heading off out to do multiple visits. damn the people who grit roads and sort the transport running in London. Just let us have a snow day.

1 Like

Lol. Just found out they’ve shut my site. Saved myself 3 hours minimum of driving by being a lazy arse :lou_sunglasses:

3 Likes

When does Homes Under The Hammer start?

Seems a sensible place to start

11 Likes

30 secs after posting the above seams reasonable to me.

2 Likes

The school I work at on Thursdays is closed but the other one I work at is open.

Just waiting for my boss to tell me weather(sic) I’m working on the other site or if I’m heading to @goatboy for a morning of daytime TV and a couple of man fucks*.

* It’s a cocktail - or at least that’s what he told me in the PM.

8 Likes

I’ll prepare the slippery nipples. Bring your swizzle stick.

4 Likes

Sorry mate.

I’m working at the other site.

Boo.

Keep it warm, honey.

Is this sweary title slipping through the net?

Yep.

In reference to the thread title.

No it is not.

THIS is fucking cold. Mrs D_P’s parents’ place just outside Krakow this morning.

4 Likes

OO! That’s harsh!

2 Likes

Joking apart…

Lincolnshire’s deputy chief constable, Craig Naylor, said there are “troops on the ground” after a critical incident was declared in the county to cope with the heavy snow.

Speaking on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Naylor said:

“At about lunchtime yesterday we realised we were over run with requests from the 82 volunteers that we had out. And at that point we made the request to central government for military assistance.

“Thankfully our military as usual have come to our aid. So we have military officers and troops on the ground with four wheel drive vehicles assisting our volunteers again today.”

Naylor said troops were helping those who are housebound or who need medical assistance.

The county has been placed on near lock down. Naylor said:

We have given advice that those who don’t need to travel shouldn’t travel. That includes people going to schools colleges etc. It is really challenging. Key roads across the county have been blocked, with vehicles and people trapped so we are looking to make sure no one is stuck in a car for any length of time, but this is incredibly challenging to the people stuck at night.

We have been planning for this since we got the warnings, but the sheer volume of snow and the type of snow is very powdery and forms drifts very quickly and that causes problems for gritters.

We have had gritters slipping and sliding last night causing problems in getting to people who are stuck.

We have terrible arguments about that! She believes if she turns it to Max the Boiler will think, “fkn hell better get a move on!” Whereas I contest it’s a fkn thermostat, you choose the temperature you want & it won’t get there any quicker even if you set it to Million Degrees. I wonder who is right.

Edit: When I say “we”, I mean me + my mrs, not me + Mrs C_S. I’ve never discussed the issue with her rip.

5 Likes

As the furnace will go to max output when you turn it right up the time taken to get to a temperature that is lower than the setting will be quicker. But the temp will overshoot and it willl get to warm which means you will be wasting money on heat that is not required. Also you are over fireing the unit so it will require more maintenance IE more money spent on it.

I have a similar problem with the mrs and the AC she will turn it to max freeze and then turn it off , and I will set it to the Temperature i require and let it run.

2 Likes

Neither of you should be letting them near machinery.

6 Likes

There was a teacher on the radio yesterday who insisted on calling them snowpersons.

1 Like

Apparently we’re going to reach ‘gas deficit’ today where the country requires more gas than it actually has available.

National Grid gas deficit freezing temperatures homes warm danger cold

Wrap up warm, folks.

1 Like