🌍 Is the planet Earth doomed?

Cheaper, not cleaner?

Cheaper definitly not cleaner

1 Like

Yeah they probably added that description after they signed up to this project :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

They still use MDO a heavier than diesel fuel that you have to heat to 120deg before it will combust in a piston engine

Is that the one that each ship kicks out as much pollution as 50,000 diesel cars?

Of course

1 Like

I managed to use nearly 3000 m3 of marine gas oil last month at a cost of just over $550.00 a cube to keep the oil coming out the sea bed.

1 Like

Really hits home when you put it like that.
That got to be a shit energy return, but probably still way higher than Shale, which has now been shown to be 5x worse as a pollutant than was claimed and that’s before the now proven shit life span and environmental disasters it causes.

https://twitter.com/NafeezAhmed/status/1040217122792722432

1 Like

This builds nicely and ends up one of his better ones. Another minute longer and he might have found the answer.
Yes, i believe it belongs here.

“enjoy your shepherds pie won’t you”

2 Likes

Decent explanation of rebound and its consequences.

Which cities will sink into the sea first? Maybe not the ones you expect

This strange question popped into my head, on reading that.
Is humanity so mentally backwards, that we could come to a point where we actively seek destruction of the ice caps, to force the flooding on the opposite hemisphere?
Sounds mental, but America is the big northern hemisphere loser and we all know they have a tendency to over react, in a very violent way(think of the desperation of people by that point).
There was always going to be water wars, but i expected them to be over potable water.

Might be worth checking if Trump has been buying up real estate inland from the east coast to profit from a new coast line a la Lex Luthor, that would explain why he was so keen to back out of the Paris accord :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

He’s so stupid, he’d nuke Antarctica thinking he was showings them who’s boss, just after he spent every penny on NY waterfront property.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Climate Change Scientists have Political Agenda says Old Orange Fuckface.

1 Like

To be fair, they’ve probably got more of a political agenda than the old orange fuck face, but that’s only because he’s a noisy cipher put in place to distract everyone while the military industrial complex does its thing.

He probably has no political views of his own. Just a shitload of impolitic ones, tweeted during the early morning burger rush, amplified for free by the world’s media.

2 Likes

As strange as it may be, Trump has been quite honest(you’ll have to do a bit of filtering. Ok maybe a lot) . He has said more than once that 4°c is going to happen(and it will, unless we all reduce our carbon footprint to that of the average Bangladeshi, this year) before the end of the century and that’s a nailed on certainty. He tells us why he’s going to help make it a certainty in the article you linked(did you notice the unrelated mentions of “Russia bad” in the article?).

“I don’t think it’s a hoax, I think there’s probably a difference,” he told journalist Lesley Stahl.
“But I don’t know that it’s manmade. I will say this. I don’t want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t want to lose millions and millions of jobs. I don’t want to be put at a disadvantage.”

If anyone reads the report, it looks quite bad, but i was following the weeks of arguments before it was released and it’s been basically dumbed down and politicised(he’s sneaky blaming scientists for that. Certainly wasn’t their choice). Truth is, as the below points out, what we’ve all been told, is not a worse case scenario, it’s the absolute minimum that we could possibly hope for.

“But by and large the consensus is the same: We are on track for four degrees of warming, more than twice as much as most scientists believe is possible to endure without inflicting climate suffering on hundreds of millions or threatening at least parts of the social and political infrastructure we call, grandly, “civilization.” The only thing that changed, this week, is that the scientists, finally, have hit the panic button.”

Let’s hope this guy becomes more and more successful in his endeavours.

1 Like

Just watched a thoroughly depressing and frightening documentary on BBC4 (also on iPlayer) called: ‘Poisoning America’, about the toxic waste produced from the production of teflon and it’s effects on humans, truly horrifying and maddening at the same time.

Interesting, new research is showing that ocean water is disappearing into the Earths’ crust far faster than previously thought.
It occurs at joints between Tectonic Plates.
Begs a question that maybe Gaia is compensating.

:roll_eyes: