Is Democracy on the Decline

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/1088181274030727168

2 Likes

Sad state of affairs when a councillor is shot down for pointing out a reality when it doesn’t fit opposition councillors’own narrative.

#dividedbritain

What about Yalta?
Obviously towards the end things changed but so did the politics, without the Empires resistance the war would have had a very different outcome, operation Barbarossa would have have happened sooner and the Germans would have galvanised Europe in resisting US land invasion.

Junior partner at the end? Maybe but not at the beginning, Britain right ro wrong sacrificed its Empire for final victory in World War II.

Now that is a narrative that can not be changed.

Britain and the Empire were alone in 1941, thats a fact.

But from my perspective we became a junior partner and I firmly believe that the UK would have been well and truly fucked if it wasn’t for the Yanks and Ruskies - which I don’t think from your post you disagree.

The point being that certain people, with a certain mindset still believe the opposite.

Nation haters and Irishmen…

Wait while I neck a few to decipher and respond :lou_wink:

That’s what my present read is all about, going into war with an Empire only to have it carved up by a combination of our own stupidity and the avarice of our children across the sea.

1 Like

What do you mean by across the sea?

The Atlantic

If you think war is charity and fairness you’re a tad pure, we got fucked over but its business nothing personal.

All our gold ended up in Fort Knox, mate. Probably not there now. Probably spent on Marshall Plan aid reinvigorating the West German economy.

Had to couldn’t have another Versailles.