Intiniki's capital birthday celebrations

Well, I’ve swapped my on-call weekend, so I can certainly make it. I do believe that SO5 4BW is up for it too.

Nice one, @fowllyd . Who else is coming for a capital day out?

Just to be clear - as the proposed date not mentioned apart from the OP - we’re talking about Saturday 5th right?

I can make that

2 Likes

Sat 5th of August. Venue tbc. Though I like the suggestion of borough market. @pap is meant to be me organiser.

You should have asked a bald bloke to do it.

4 Likes

I’m easy, honestly :lou_sunglasses:

Are you inviting your non-Sotonians mates, @intiniki ?

May as well. But as short notice they may not be around.

Short notice?

This thread is four weeks old!

Read between the lines, pap. Intiniki doesn’t want her normal friends meeting the internet weirdos. And what a little venn diagram that is, with you stuck in the middle.

4 Likes

For non sotonians (as I didn’t tell them about it) it’s short notice but I may have Russel’d (see what I did there) up some people.

1 Like

Shut up @fatso . Your opinions are wrong :lou_sunglasses:

Entirely understandable. If I had any friends I wouldn’t want them to meet me.

4 Likes

Remember that we’ll be dishing out the Soviet awards at this event.

I’m sure this will dispel any ideas that internet people are weirdos.

6 Likes

In honour of this great event, I could be persuaded to regale the assembled throng with my famed rendition of the first verse and chorus of the old Soviet national anthem (1977 version) in Russian. Nothing weird about that.

4 Likes

And in honour of 1970’s-80’s Russian track and field, Intiniki will show you her bollocks.

5 Likes

Could be the other way around. You’ve not met my IRL friends… oh wait. No, some of you’ve met Pap.

So we sort of need a venue and a time…

I would quite like the afternoon run. Say, 1pm til whenever. The venue I am easy on.

Anyone got anywhere they definitely want to go? We could plan a little crawl around it.

I think SO5’s suggestion of Borough Market and its environs is an excellent one. No shortage of decent pubs around there (and SO5 know which ones to avoid, which is handy), plus plenty of places to eat as and when this is thought necessary. Afternoon start as per pap’s suggestion is also a good one.

1 Like