:astonvillafc: šŸ¤£ Ings Joins Villa, Apparently Unaware It Isnā€™t 1982

Just back from a snoozing afternoon.
Opened a beer.
Did I miss anything?

So, if Iā€™ve got this right, weā€™ve traded Ings to Warwickshire Invicibles and heā€™s replacing Sibley in the next Test. That about right?

1 Like

5:30am wake up call :flushed:

If it werenā€™t for such a good deal for the clubā€¦
Still an asshat

2 Likes
1 Like

Direct link.

Ralph bigging up the ā€˜hugeā€™ money but it still doesnā€™t answer why the actual fuck the player wanted to go to Aston bloody Villa.

He does realise that they play in Birmingham right? Gross.

2 Likes

More worryingly heā€™s been talking about splitting Ingsā€™ goals amongst our other good forward options: ā€œAdams, Redmond, Long, Tellaā€.

Think weā€™re going to need one actually good finisher Ralphā€¦

And a rock solid, tight as a ducks arse, defence.

1 Like

5 Likes

If Adam Armstrong is the replacement then I certainly hope he takes to the Premier League quicker than Che Adams did.

Will Che step up this season? I suspect he will to an extent but Iā€™m not convinced he can get 15-20 goals.

1 Like

Even 47 year old Bertrand joined a top 5 club.

Fuck you, sicknote

At this rate weā€™ll end up with Kane :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sky Sports News was on in the pub tonight, I canā€™t believe quite how many players Villa have signed our are linked with, Cantwell being the latest.

Seems their new owners think chucking money around will win them the leagueā€¦

ā€œā€¦ he was keen on pushing for a move to a Champions League club this summer and would not be renewing with Saints. Although that move did not materialise in the end, Ings has secured his place among Villaā€™s highest earners. There was also strong interest in him from Tottenham Hotspur who would not meet his contract expectationsā€

Just like, WTF?

There are parallels here with Fonte, who had a good tournament with Portugal and convinced himself he was top 6 quality and decided to go. But there were no takers so he had to save face and go somewhere (West Ham) and insist it was a good deal. He could have done as well, except financially, by staying.

Ings had one stellar season when he got 20 goals and avoided injury. Then the story is as above. No top 6 takers, has to accept Villa (and presumably more money) to actually move.

For what itā€™s worth, Fonte was the bigger loss. Heā€™s still going strong. Dannyā€™s now in a randomly assembled team of money chasers and with his injury record, has very limited shelf life.

2 Likes

I was deeply surprised by this, but at least we have had plenty of practice playing without him

8 Likes

Except that the message coming out from Saints (via Adam Blackmore) about a month ago was that he hadnā€™t refused to sign and should a top 4/5 club not come in for him then he would sign.

I donā€™t think this is a saving face situation just a money one. Signing on fee on top of higher salary. Agents and advisors need reminding that players donā€™t die or become incapable of a dayā€™s work once they retire from professional football at 35. Thereā€™s plenty of jobs on offer, both desirable (coaching, punditry, property mogul etc) and non desirable (office admin, toilet cleaning, burger flipping) that these entitled tossers could do and maintain their integrity somewhat.

We finished above Villa the year before last, they are about to sell their standout player so why are they such an attractive footballing proposition other than money? Yeah they are getting some good coin for Grealish but spending it wisely isnā€™t guaranteed. They came up and spent about Ā£100m on about 15 players before and avoided the drop by a single point.

Danny, sorry but youā€™re a dickhead.

8 Likes

Iā€™m still holding the opinion that the Club accepted the offer knowing it was a good deal, THEN told Ings about it who got an offer he couldnā€™t refuse as well.
Not giving him any credit but we needed to sign a replacement for him and this offer gave us the money to even look at the likes of Tammy Abraham or Sorloth from Germany.

Hes a cvnt for not signing but think he may have been at least partly pushed

1 Like

Itā€™s no surprise weā€™ve sold him as he was never going to sign a new contract. I bet Saints knew this and when the Villa offer came in they wanted Ings to show his true colours - either commit to us or fuck off. He chose to fuck off which shows where he was always at. Fuck him, move on and itā€™s better than selling to Spurs. Biggest problem is finding the 20 goals necessary to stay up this season. Newbie will probably be either an EFL gamble or someone unknown from abroad. Midfield need to step up and bag more goals, Che needs to curb his Row Z rate of 80%, but weā€™re still going to have to find 15 goals from somewhere to be anywhere near mid table. Expecting Tella to be a saviour when the poor bugger has only scored 1 goal so far is folly. Hope we can find a gem of a player for a few coppers!

3 Likes