India V England 1st test

India V England 1st test

Well in more important news than an election in a former colony England are playing India in tthe first test and at present we are 113 for 3

Cooklbwb Jadeja21

Hameedlbwb Ashwin31

Rootnot out 43

Duckettc Rahaneb Ashwin13

Moeennot out 4

Extras1nb 0w 1b 0lb2

Thats the 150 up for 3

Hey Pap how come there are two of these threads but the tags are reversed in one of them?

As Trumps alternate universe already kicked in?

160-3 at time of going to press on this one :lou_lol:

I love the positive BBC - “How can England avoid a 5-0 whitewash”. By playing cricket to the high standards that they have been for the last 18 months?

Going to be a good test this yes, but we are up for a close one overall I think. We can really dig in when we are on our game!

171-3

Shocked that we avoided being 27 for 3 or similar

and thats the 200 up for 3

Root 92

Moeen 47

239-3

1st six of thee match

Root has a century and Meen has a fifty

Root caught and bowled by Yadav with the new ball

England 281- 4

Ridiculous decision there, Root c&b by Umesh but he never really had control of the ball, IMHO.

Umpires on the field gave it out, 3rd umpire agreed with them

281-4

Stokes brings up the 300 with a six

304-4

Close of Play England 311-4 Moeen on 99 Stokes on 19

Not a bad days play by the look of it.

Good day of cricket that. I’m bloody knackered after getting up at half 3 to watch.

A couple of dubious decisions for wickets. Cook should have reviewed and probably didn’t because his partner was too inexperienced to call it.

Lovely batting from Root again. Looks like a wicket that favours pace, which will suit us.

And I’ve decided to start referring to Moeen Ali as Meon Valley. Just to cheer myself up.

Are they using DRS in this test, I heard somewhere that India finally sanctioned the use of it but…

They are. I’ve never been a fan of it, but at least things are uniform now.

There have been early teething problems and it doesn’t solve everything, saying that I’m a great fan of Hawkeye for LBW decisions.

One thing that I don’t like is the Umpires call decision. Maybe they should reduce it from 50% of the ball to 25%!!

Interesting to see how our Middle/Lower order finally cope without insane pressue to recover!

Clearly looks a good strip that should deteriorate, and has to be a 500 + 1st Innings type game. Wonder whether the lads can now knuckle down and take a decent first day total to the realms of a winning total.

Day 2 Moeen and Stokes to continue,

hopefully a good day at the crease followed by putting the Indian’s in, with an hour and half to play and skittling them out.

Moeen gets his century and were away

Ffs wake get shit together turn tv on before going work.

Bowler runs in Moen leaves a straight one, like perfect timing.

343-5 reckon need 180+ more yet

Moeen fails to capitalise and its 343 for 5