🏏 🌍 ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Matches will be played in Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Sharjah (UAE), and Al Amarat (Oman) after the tournament was moved from India because of Covid-19 concerns.

West Indies are the defending champions after they beat England in the final in 2016, was it really that long ago??

My best mate is the MC for this - used to do the Rugby 7s.
He knows as much about cricket as I know about current UK Tech stuff.
Will be a party though

One perennial cricketing problem that will not be an issue this year is rain, though there will be different meteorological aspects to deal with. Games start either at 2pm (11am BST) or 6pm local time, meaning players will either play in the full furnace of the UAE’s intense heat or in the evening, when the sun is less of a problem but dew becomes one. This will be particular concern for India and Pakistan, whose games start late to catch primetime viewing hours back home.

This makes the toss unusually important and 21 of the 31 IPL matches played in the UAE this year were won by the side batting second. But if dew benefits the batter the pitches probably will not, with all three still in use tending to be low and slow – of the 25 grounds to have hosted 14 or more T20 internationals the three Super 12 venues rank 20th, 22nd and 23rd on runs per over.

Sotonians been there name drop moment
I scored a 2 ball duck in a T20 at Sharjah and followed it up with 2 wickets with my β€œvery off” spin

Windies v England

Windies 42-6 from 8.5 overs

Dxb lads annoyed.
Were hoping to get to watch 2nd half at Barasti at one point

44-7 from 10

Rashid on hat trick 49-9

Roy gone for 11 chasing 55 in 10.3 overs to beat our best ever win

Eng 39-4
🀦

#win

India doing a ManUtd impression.

2 Likes

England unchanged. Bangladesh batting first.

Bangladesh 76-5 from 13.1 overs

83-6 from 14.5

98-7 from 17.1, Tylenol Mills with his first wicket from a slower ball that the Bangladeshi player tried to scoop…

124-8 from 19.5, Sohan caught behind off of his glove, given out by the TV Umpire

And Mills gets the last wicket with the last ball

124-9, need 125 to win.

England, in reply, 37-0 from 4 overs

And Buttler gone trying to hit over long on, ball just sticks in the pitch a little and he gets the toe of the bat instead.

39-1

90-1 from 10 overs, 35 runs needed from the last 10

1 Like

Roy 53 from 33 balls, big 6

England 101-1 from 11.4