šŸ“š I am currently reading

The Earth is Weeping: The Epic Story of the Indian Wars for the American West by Peter Cozzens.

Communists on horseback?

That sounds distinctly interesting. Once Iā€™ve finished The Mirror and the Light Iā€™ll definitely look it up.

Took me ages but finally finished The Wages of Whiteness: Race and the Making of the American Working Class by David Roediger I bought it so long ago and itā€™s been sat on a shelf. Itā€™s an interesting read although I struggled through it.

I however sped through Mary Trumps book on her uncle in less than 24 hours. Going to up the reading and less of the internet.

2 Likes

Bazza, is stuck in one I think

Its actually a good song youā€™ve quoted, similar to Simon and Garfunkelā€™s and Right Said Fredā€™s early stuffā€¦

Among other things, I was given a copy of The Madmanā€™s Library for my birthday (OK, so I chose it). Just started dipping into it today, and it really is pretty amazing. Hereā€™s an interview with the writer:

1 Like

Bat-shit-crazy-mental. Let us know what you think after reading it.

Now on to Ramble Book by Dr Buckles aka Adam Buxton. A signed copy although looks like someone called Helen as signed it.

Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t want to 'fess to reading Stormfront.

Just finished the excellent Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake. Everything you didnā€™t realise you should know about fungi. From brewers yeast and magic mushrooms to growing your own house and the lure of truffles. Thereā€™s even a bit of Star Trek: Discovery thrown in.

Currently rereading ā€¦all of the Terry Pratchett books, again.

Can anyone recommend anyone of similar style?

Have tried :

Jasper afford - patchy
Ben Aaronovitch - started well but gone off the boil.
Ian Rankin - The Brentford Trilogy was Marvellous. Not a fan of other stuff.
Neil Gaiman - ok

There is always Douglas Adams to go back to

2 Likes

Hitchhikers Guide? Tried that - didnā€™t get it first time around - less so being older - sorry.

Mrs C_S loved it btw.

1 Like

The original radio version was brilliantā€¦TV less so, Movie naaa.

1 Like

The TV version was worth watching for Sandra Dickinsonā€™s silver miniskirt alone, tbh. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tres shallow.
This is a kulcheral fredā€¦get wiv it.

Pratchettesque - Orconomics by Zack Pike

1 Like

Added to the list.

:+1:

Iā€™m re-reading the Shogun saga at the moment. On Noble House and its as good as I remember.

1 Like