📚 I am currently reading

:books: I am currently reading

The Accidental Further Advenures Of The Hundred Year Old Man by Jonas Jonasson

Easy reading humour. The depiction of world leaders, particularly Trump are good.

I heard about this book on Reasons to be Cheerful podcast and have downloaded it. It’s the next on the list (very long one).
Radical Help: How we can remake the relationships between us and revolutionise the welfare state - Hilary Cottam
The project they discussed in the podcast really made an impact due to my job. How our way of solving things is imposed when we should ask what they need more. Some agency are doing this in a small way.

“The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. I had it as an audiobook, some weeks ago admiteddly. I drive a lot.

Just started “The seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle”

I’ve been instructed to read it as I “might enjoy something different than the usual shit you read”

I am not hopeful but will report back - eventually.

:lou_sad:

Beastings by Benjamin Meyers (gradually getting through all his stuff).

The Extracted Trilogy by RR Haywood (is it fashionable to have double-Rs if you’re an author these days).

Satirical and funny at the same time, a light read but it’ll have you laughing

Nothing, on account of my Kindle flying back and forth to Singapore on an A380 ffs. :lou_angry:

Just coming to the end of The Old Ways by Robert Macfarlane. Those of you who like a walk in the country (@lifeintheslowlane, @saintbletch) will enjoy these tales of walks in England, Scotland, Spain, Palestine, and Sichuan. Makes me want to get the thick socks and Kendal mint cake out.

Ooh, got some of that

Best before Jan 2018. I don’t get out that much…

It’ll probably outlast all of us.

I’m currently reading The Eye Of The World by Robert Jordan.

An Xmas present from Young Adult #2

He wanted to read it…so guess what I got.

Another epic like Game Of Thrones. Quite good, similar in some respects, but more accessible and easier to read. Apparently like GOT there’s a few more books to read…

Currently reading “Cider with Roadies” by Stuart Maconie. A fun read. :lou_lol: