:huddersfieldtownfc: Huddersfield Town v Saints :saints: (PL)

Wasn’t today his second in 59 games or something?

So the community has sploken and it was officially a hammering, so congrats to :-

@Fowllyd, @Sharkie, @Saint-or-sinner, @Spudders, @OzSaintDave, @Rugbysaint, @JxgrSaint, @CB-Saint, @saintbletch, @SimplySaint

3 Likes

Possibly, bright side is we won this fixture (let’s not dwell on the past :lou_lol:)

1 Like

Pah, in the strange absence of @Barry-Sanchez - you’re all fair weather supporters, you’ll see when the wheels fall off the train/ bus / trolley !!

:lou_wink:

I’m on the piss, made up mush.

4 Likes

Was it a 52% majority?

40%

a ‘hammering’ then? Is 3-1 a hammering?

Errrm…3:1,was a hammering

40% is not a majority people’s vote beforehand though

:lou_wink:

Comment from a mate at game.
Should’ve scored more but we were ropey at times.
On the train yes, but it’s more like one of those trains in India doing 20kmh than a slick inter city

1 Like

Network Rail announce disruption to services over the Christmas period… let’s hope the replacement bus service gets us to our 3 point destination. :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

I think its fair to say we could have scored more. Our midfield dominated Hudders. We simple we more confident and aggressive than them. They missed a decent midfielder.

The play overall wasn’t as slick as it will be after more games and Mccarthy was crucial to keeping their score down. But got the feeling the players felt they were unstoppable. Huddersfield crowd were brilliant as were our own

2 Likes

No, 40% predicted a hammering.

I asked the question whether the result was a hammering or a narrow win (just to be fair like) and 89% said it was a hammering.

But, was it 89% of those that originally voted that it was a hammering that then subsequently pronounced that 3-1 was a hammering.

I know I did.

It was like a People’s Vote but run for the benefit of a bunch of cunts like me. It was a Cunts’ Vote.

You should be careful with site referenda.

2 Likes

I reckon Obafemi could be a very good player for us, his movement away from the ball to make a bit of space for himself, then the composure not to lash at it but take a touch that took the defender out of the equation and then tuck it away in the corner are all good signs of a clever striker.

7 Likes

And he has given us the Mane option of pure pace to scare defenders

8 Likes

A good summary.

1 Like

The Bednarek story at the bottom of the page is a good read too. Some truths there too