Has anyone heard about this Initiative Q bizzo?

Don’t know if any of yous have heard of this new thing or not? If you have, what are your thoughts?

Spoiler: I have joined but am wondering if it’s all it’s cracked up to be?

I’m not attempting to spam the site, nor am I desperately looking for you to join but if you want more info or are in need of an invite (you need one to join), here is my invite link:

Nothing came up in my Google search. Is it legit?

As far as I can tell it is at least a real thing, as to it’s legitimacy, how long is a piece of string?

They do have a Facebook page : https:// www.facebook.com / InitiativeQ

And Twitter: https:// twitter.com / initiativeQ

Here is the blurb from the invite:

“Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it’s ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There’s nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn’t want to miss this”.

Take a look at the link I posted above if you want to sign up and you will get the whole kit and kaboodle worth of info

Ah.

A bit of delving and not wanting to piss on your parade, it doesn’t seem to add up (to me at least) - but then I’m a cynical old bastard.

Yes, that is a fair call from Digital Spy.

Me personally, I was in the same situation with Bitcoin whereas I could have boarded that train at ground zero but listened to all the negative press and missed out on that one. So I guess I have taken a leap of faith to sign up with this and the worst that can happen is that I don’t see a single peso from it!

Here’s hoping it is something rather than a whole lot of nothing

1 Like

It looks like a giant pyramid scheme.

However, seeing as you don’t have to pay anything, I’m getting in there first.

2 Likes

Fuck of @pap. Behind me. I didn’t spend all that effort trying to put off @OzSaintDave for nothing…

Amateurs

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

@OzSaintDave is basically Max from The Lost Boys.

Head vampire.

2 Likes

Hi @OzSaintDave - Just went onto where you sign up and it says you need to invite 5 friends, and undertake unspecified “future tasks”. What are they? Any idea?

Not sure anyone on here has 5 friends either tbf.

Right at the end it then says “only name and email address required. No spam - you will only receive system updates.”

What are the system updates?

Oi.

I’ve got 108 friends.

Four more than Alan Partridge.

2 Likes

Edit: put the decimal place in the correct place for you

:lou_wink:

1 Like

Hey, atm they have said it’s going to be things like downloading their app, adding more friends, making purchases (in the future). I have yet to receive any further emails except for verification purposes

David (@OzSaintDave) can you log into your account and verify my registration please?

To be fair, that’s only really a Partridge inspired number. It’s four more than his. Eight more mammals than his farming opponent, and he only had cows.

2 Likes

If anyone tries to use @OzSaintDave invite and can’t because he’s got more than 5 friends then PM me and I’ll send you a invite from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done sir!

1 Like

Can’t be all bad or 2 mill peeps are in trouble!

https://twitter.com/InitiativeQ/status/1057215861591851016

Where is this new currency the Q going to be based?

Credit cards that were basically based on the wealth and currency of the individual they were assigned to by the bank in the country they were issued.

Are Q’s going to be linked to your bank account at what exchange rate?

How flexible are they going to be across international borders.

2m suckers?

How big is the top of this pyramid?

Sounds more like a plateau

1 Like

I’ll get the information from their page re that when I’m at the computer