🏏:hccc: Hampshire Cricket 2021

A bit previous I know but…

James Vince set to miss PSL playoffs after positive Covid-19 test

James Vince steers one towards the leg side Pakistan Super League

09:17 AM

James Vince’s involvement in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is in doubt after he tested positive for Covid-19.

Vince, a member of England’s World Cup-winning squad, was set to play for Multan Sultans in the PSL playoffs on November 14.

ESPNcricinfo understands he is asymptomatic and will imminently undergo a second test. But he is legally obliged to self-isolate for 10 days from the date of the positive test.

Vince has also signed for Sydney Sixers in the Big Bash League (BBL), but, with the start date just over a month away, he should still be able to take part.

ALSO READ: Mahmudullah to miss PSL playoffs after testing positive for Covid-19

It is the second significant blow to Multan’s title hopes in as many days, following the withdrawal of Mahmudullah, the Bangladesh allrounder, on Sunday, also due to a positive Covid test. Vince scored 155 runs in five innings before the tournament was cut short by the pandemic earlier this year.

ESPNcricinfo understands that the franchise are hoping to sign a replacement for Vince, with Joe Denly the likely candidate.

It is unclear at this stage who Vince may have been in contact with in recent days but they, too, would need to self-isolate for 14 days from that meeting.

1 Like

Mohammad Abbas signs :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/113208512094/posts/10158984509092095/

Can he play right back?

2 Likes

Post of the year right there

Live feed tomorrow.

1 Like

Lolz

1 Like

Its OK. Red ball only for the first 6 weeks.

4 Likes

Didn’t they play cricket in Antartica once?

The Ashes no less

1 Like

In the post today I got my Hampshire Membership Card, fixture list and guest vouchers.

All I need now is my Playfair Annual and I’m good to go.

(Well. Watch it online until the 19th May.)

3 Likes

Hants 116-2. Alsop 45* Northeast 17*.

Weatherley should still be there, but played a dick shot when set. 41.

2 Likes

Vince racing towards ton

Group 2 update

There’s another rather extraordinary knock taking place at Leicestershire right now, courtesy of James Vince.

The Hampshire batsman has just launched Callum Parkinson for six to move to 85 off 70 balls.

Hants are 247-3 with Tom Alsop on 78.

Tons for Vince & Alsop
292-3

Apart from his first ball which lifted on him and he did well to keep down in front of slip, he has been imperious.

A great watch and the new, improved streaming service has done it justice. People are watching/listening it in Canada and USA. Can’t you?

1 Like

Got it in Singapore

Got a link?

There is a small golf thing going on…