Hampshire Cricket 2016

Start of last season all over again

1 Like

All is not lost…hefty looking raincloud has just passed over here heading for West End…saving it’s juices for more important work than freshening up my garden.

2 Likes

So – Warwickshire finished on a first innings total of 360 – and in reply, we’re currently 28-1. Thanks Michael. I remember when you used to be good. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

And then there’s Tom Alsop. I still don’t understand what he brings to the side. He’s currently been at the crease for sixty-four minutes, and faced fifty-three balls.

And in all that time – he’s amassed an inspirational total of five runs to show for it. :lou_facepalm_2:

Pray for the draw lads.

And rain. Lots of rain.

Wicket: 63-2. :lou_eyes_to_sky: Tom Alsop departs the crease (well there’s a massive surprise!) Caught Hain, bowled Rankin.

Cheers Tom. 24 runs, from 80 balls, in 98 minutes of “watch the ball fly passed”.

Remind me again what exactly we pay you for?

El Capitano currently 15 not out, Will Smith zero.

1 Like

Raining to the west of you.

Blow hard, in a Southamptonly direction.

And drag your minds out of the gutter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There is a reason why I only attend T20 games these days :lou_smiley:

1 Like

And another one bites the dust.

Wicket: 66-3. :lou_sad:

Will Smith out for a mighty three runs. Trapped LBW by Jeetan Patel.

Brilliant Will. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Great actor to be fair. He plays a fucking shite batsman with such conviction.

Fuck off Hampshire.

85-4.

James Vince chucks his wicket away for 21.

Jeez. All you have to do lads, is bat out the day for a draw. No heroics necessary. Just don’t fucking give your wickets away cheaply. Stay at the fucking crease, and see the day out.

Too much too ask, obviously. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

103-4 at Tea.

Liam and Sean standing firm at the moment on 12 and 15 respectively.

And I’m off to do some more work, so out for now.

Enough work for one day. Too much of that and not enough play, makes Jack a dull Schitt.

Dare I say it – but we are fighting.

185-5 at the time of writing, Adam Wheater with a solid 34 not out – and Liam Dawson standing firm with a commendable unbeaten half-ton!

Currently we are “leading” by 25 runs with five wickets in hand – and the draw is still on.

Keep going lads!

And that’s it!!! Game over – Match Drawn!

Liam and Adam the Hants heroes. What a rescue act. Well done boys! :lou_lol:

1 Like

First points in the bag!!! GTFI!!! :trophy: :lou_lol:

1 Like

Never in doubt.

2 Likes

Champions-in-waiting

1 Like

Such a stroll in the park, I’ll be wearing my slippers down to the Rose Bowl for my next visit.

Fucking fair weather fan, it’s the Ageas Bowl.

How very dare ye! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know full well it’s the Ageas Bowl mate. :lou_wink_2:

But I don’t use sponsorship names. Like I never used to call our Stadium “The Friends Provident”, and our wonderful little mates down in Bournemouth will always play at Dean Court, not the Vitality, and Newcastle will always play at St. James’s Park, not the Sports Direct, etc. You get my drift.

It will always be the Rose Bowl to me.

You must get some shitty weird looks when you say you are off to London to see a headline act at the Dome.

Wasn’t it originally the Millenium Dome? There’s no sponsorship in that unless Disney sneaked in some Star Wars reference I am unaware off?

Actually that would be pretty cool, a hybrid between the Millenium Dome and Flacon would be pretty impressive

Maybe not

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

Actually that would be pretty cool, a hybrid between the Millenium Dome and Falcon would be pretty impressive

What a great idea. It could be called the Falcon Dome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

More bad Hants related news I’m afraid. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Reece Topley’s hand injury sustained in the game against Warwickshire is going to keep him out for a while.

Around two months according to the BBC. :lou_facepalm_2:

Poor lad. A debut to remember for all the wrong reasons.

[Sorry Bucks, wasn’t ignoring your post – I just gave up trying to be clever enough to come up with an appropriately witty retort.] :lou_wink_2:

1 Like