Groups in the New Forum

I found the summary in my junk mail folder - seems Gmail called it right.

:lou_wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m not a fan of the group idea either, so glad youā€™ve listened to the people @saintbletch well done :cool:

Saying that, if thereā€™s a group set up in future for members who no longer make much of a contribution as theyā€™re bored of football these days, please feel free to add me into it :lou_surprised:

1 Like

Iā€™m just telling everyone Iā€™m not going to implement groups.

Once weā€™re over there, itā€™ll be a different story.

Iā€™m going to put them each in their own group so they have to talk to themselves and only themselves all day long.

Mwahahaha.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been away, so havenā€™t had much time to get into this discussion.

While Iā€™m not a fan of limiting discussions to particular groups, or group forums, I do think the functionality has potential in a couple of key areas.

PMs would benefit from being able to send to groups. Itā€™s a total pain in the arse at the moment so most people end up going via Twitter or slack or whatever. Itā€™s a serious functionality hole in the current system. We do have groups of logically related people, be it the London lot looking for a pub to watch a game in, away travellers, friends and family ticket reasons, all that sort of caper. It happens anyway, it just happens externally because Sotonians canā€™t do it.

The other reason, is of course, humour, especially if group designations turn up on your profile.

1 Like

Can we point and laugh at those billy fuck all mates who are not welcome in any group?

I am weeping like a girl alreadyā€¦

Spot on, papster.

The new PM system is actually like a mini thread or more like a proper email in that you can have as many recipients as you want.

You start it with a title (just like an email or a thread) and then add recipients individually to the PM.

BUT, add the ability to target whole groups of people on top of that and you have a way to keep the sort of discussions you mention above, within only interested parties.

Can I have a ā€˜Too Sick for Public Consumption Groupā€™?

If so Iā€™m in.

Man flu?

No, heā€™s still where I left him.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had some of those PMs, @goatboy .

Iā€™m out.

I know. Thatā€™s why I send you the gay stuff.

1 Like

Get a room you two

:lou_facepalm_2:

:lou_is_a_flirt: