1 Like

Surely heads must roll for this.

1 Like

That has got to be serious jail time there

1 Like

Not if a Tory MPs spouse owns shares/is on the Board

2 Likes

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest

The cladding thing is dragging on. We’ve been chasing our management company for their quote so we have some idea of the cost. We don’t have much so :crossed_fingers:

It isn’t just the cladding but dodgy fire stopping. We shouldn’t have to pay for their shoddy work. The company who cut corners are currently sorting the building next door. Weve asked if they can resolve issues as they’re on site. That’s better option than someone else years down the line.

1 Like

I’ve been following all the cladding stuff in parliament. Finding out that the 18 metre thing was just plucked out of the air. There will be a lot of people far worse than us who will go bankrupt due to poor building regs or checks on the material which we see people signed off to make profit.

So today we have finally got a quote. It’s taken about 5 months. Considering the same people who built this block are currently doing next doors block and we are smaller. You’d think it would have been quick.

The quote per flat is pretty much what one of the neighbours (who works in construction) suggested it could be plus a bit. We’ve saved enough money to cover it.

Hopefully once remediation starts we may be able to sell and get out.

I never want to live in flat again if I can help it. We’ve now found our ideal home right around the corner. It will no doubt be sold in a few weeks sadly.

1 Like

:eyes:

Awful news. Although other reports have stated ‘rare cancer’ not ‘terminal cancer’.

Didn’t the same thing happen after the Twin Towers?

Lots of chemical shit.

1 Like

Yep.
Cheap cladding was a problem in many other fires around the world.
All sorts of nasty shit in it.
Totally not fire resistant
Totally unfit for any purpose except saving money

2 Likes

And spawned a whole new industry in replacing it - it ain’t cheap.

2 Likes