⚽ Great Nostalgia Footy

ITV 4. Wonderful fun to watch. On the advertising hoardings so far, Ferguson TV, Rediffusion rentals, Bostik, Woolworths… :+1::+1::smile::smile:

… Luton 1 Saints 4 :smile::smile:

David Peach with a penalty and a free kick, Ted McDougall, and Nick Holmes.

2 Likes

I remember playing Sunday League in Hythe…started out muddy, then the tide came in. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Spent some time trying to spot myself in the crowd after the 4th goal.

I remember the game well as it was the first time I 'd seen us wearing blue shorts with the stripes and it transpired that it was our regular kit up to the post WW2 restart, when it was cheaper and easier to make/buy black shorts.

Did you manage to locate your younger self?

There were one or two that could have been 18yo me.

Wearing flares, I hope :+1::+1::grin:

1 Like

Just been clearing some of the stuff from my dads loft, as there are some boxes of mine which were packed in 1999 when in @Polski_Filip speak I moved to the Sandpit.
In one of the boxes is a VHS recording of the 76 FA cup final. nothing in the house to play it on though.

4 Likes

I’m clearing out my dad’s house this weekend, I know for a fact he has plenty of old VHS players if you want/need one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When Philippine has had his, might I also trouble you for one? I have a load of tapes, and the only player I have is getting a bit rickety.

1 Like

Happy Steve Moran Day.

4 Likes

I was there…what a day and probably a night but cant remember anything after The Fawcett Inn

Corrected it for you- no charge

:wink:

3 Likes

Think I better post my Ron Davies videos here from the Big Match. Some Spanish Saints fan posted it on YouTube around 2007 but it went missing after about a year.

There was fuck all on YouTube about Big Ron which was criminal so I emailed Duncan Holley to see if he had a copy of the programme after the Manure game where Ron scored all 4 of Saints goals. He said he had a copy from John Sydenham and sent me the CD. I downloaded the contents and although it would play on my puter monitor I couldn’t convert it to a format acceptable to YouTube for upload. The only way around it was to play the game highlights on my puter and set my mate’s video camera to record it.

It worked OK apart from the camera trying to refocus occasionally It’s been online for 12 years now with 30k views…in 2 parts…

1 Like

Behind the Scoreboard End goal. We’d got back from a Spanish holiday the day before and as I had tonsillitis for the whole fortnight my Dad drove me up there.

1 Like

Blue, blue, Electric Blue. That’s the colour of my room… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Blimey hadn’t thought of that in ages. :joy: