Great British Bake Off makes off

I can’t remember where Mel and Sue came from. I don’t recall where I saw them first. Was it Big Breakfast? Was it Late Lunch? Their prime selling point seems to be being that little bit different, but ultimately inoffensive. Nice work if you can get it, I suppose.

Anyway, now that it’s going to Channel 4 I think they should use bring Davina McCall out of hibernation, load her up with Blue Monster and send her careening into the contestants’ faces.

1 Like

No worries, all will be fine at the BBC.

They joke, but…

Couldn’t give a fuck.

I’ve spent the day switching radio programmes off, as it appears to be the only news item woth disccussing.

2 Likes

Davina Mcall and Sarah Millican doing well at the bookies for the new hosts.

That is the equivalent of buying an E type jag and sticking a body kit from halfords on it.

2 Likes

I was only suggesting McCall for the gig the other day. It was a joke at the time.

This is going to be a more difficult proposition than getting Top Gear off the ground. At least there, there was a grudging acceptance that Clarkson had made his position untenable, particularly with the last incident. There was a bit of goodwill for it to succeed.

They’re introducing ads, and although Mel and Sue aren’t my cup of tea, they don’t offend and they’re much loved by those that watch Bake Off.

As a programmer, I like to change one thing at a time and observe the results. They’re making rather more. Channel 4 won’t make a disaster of it. Ads don’t kill cooking reality shows. Come Dine With Me is decent enough, but It Won’t Be The Same.

That’ll make all the difference, I reckon.

Mary Berry does the offski too but stays with the BBC

I couldn’t give less of a fuck.

4 Likes

You dont fancy a soggy bottom then Goat?

Good to see the solidarity from Mary but have a feeling that Hollywood will be made an offer he cant refuse.

You were making sense right up until this point

Will it be called “Davina McCalls Great British Bake Off” in her unyielding pursuit for self promotion?

BBC Breaking News@ BBCBreaking 2m2 minutes ago

UK TV chef Paul Hollywood signs three-series deal with Great British Bake Off, Channel 4 says

Why am I even contributing to a thread I care less about than Goatboy**

**That makes me sound like I don’t care about Goatboy which is quite far from the truth, I am actually quite a capriophile!!

Prince Charles@ Charles_HRH 4s5 seconds ago

Paul Hollywood on the phone. Says he’s joining Channel 4 to “earn his crust”, although he doesn’t exactly knead the dough. # GBBO

Well it made me laugh

2 Likes

Whoever did this deal for C4 is an idiot who has bought the world’s most expensive tent.

If you are going to buy a successful franchise at least confirm that it has all the bits.

2 Likes

Hollywood deciding to move for more money is the biggest shock since Premier League players did the same.

Not surprised that Hollywood has broken ranks. Splitter! :lou_angry:

see other thread on lunchtime drinking.

Colleague wearing an iTwatWatch thingy looked at it when the news that the old bint was leaving cake-off…while in the middle of client pitch. Piped up the news to everyone.

Client HR team loved it…15 min conv ensued about soggy bottoms ensued (have no idea wtf that means). Got appointed not long after and went to pub…see lunchtime drinking thread

Should I sack him?

Wearing an iWatch is a sackable offence in itself, looking at it in an important meeting merits hanging, drawing and quartering.

2 Likes

Only if he has a soggy bottom.

Give him a slap, then give him a raise.

1 Like