Goodbye Europa - I never loved you

I fully agree with this, the northam has been very quiet, it used to be the main vocal area of the ground in the early to mid 00. Now they all seem to have gone to different areas of the ground and we have not found a main singing area of the ground. I prefer away games as the support is always pretty good and it is just better all round.

I see Beer Sheeva have got Besikitas in the next round.

Fuckin’ shame, it’s a great draw … should of been us :lou_sad:

2 Likes

Nah it wouldn’t necessarily. Don’t forget that there’s country protection in the next round and seedings are different, which muddles the whole thing up and increases/reduces the chances of who you play.

I remember seeing an interesting bit of maths which shows that because of the network of who certain teams can and can’t play (and don’t forget, it goes far beyond just your own team), you don’t actually have an equal chance of playing each of your ‘possible available opponents’

So when you say "In the next round of the Champions League, Arsenal will either play Team A, B, C, D or E, it doesn’t mean that the liklihood of playing each opponent is equal even though you’d intuitively think that would he the case. Pretty sure the same thing applies to the Ropey League - its not like the FA Cup where you absolutely know for certain what your route to the final would have been in any case.

Hmmm…I’d have thought twice about that away game. Saw England play in Turkey many moons ago. It was nothing short of mental.

I always think any venue that has suffered a recent car bomb attack isn’t the best place to seek out for a new travel experience.

I was at the Besiktas stadium last year, I wouldn’t go now.

I’ve consciously not gone to Turkey for a holiday for three years because I’d fear for the safety of my family. I certainly wouldn’t go there for a football game.

I thought this too so I went to Bodrum with the lads instead.

Went to Turkey last year with my family, all was fine and well.

I went there last year and all was fine and well - other than a bomb going off when I was there.

And things have escalated considerably since a year ago.

They were fucking wild animals out there. Stank of shit as well. I don’t think any Turk will ever forgive England fans for allowing skates to travel with them. That’s why I won’t be going back.

This was the game. How did Graham Taylor get such shit performances out of this team (Sinton and Palmer aside)