đŸ“ș GOOD SHOWS (no capeshit pls)

Fargo is back for a fourth season, and by that I mean it’s way back. Principally set in 1950’s Kansas City, the cast is led by Chris Rock, leader of the black gangs in Kansas City, rival to the incumbent Italian mob.

The first episode lays the generational scene. Kansas City was first run by the Hebrews, who were eliminated by the Irish, who were in turn eliminated by the Italians. With this looming sense of history repeating, this already promises to be a different fight.

In one exchange between two soldiers, a member of Rock’s gang tells an Italian “You just got here yesterday. We’re the wind, we’re the dust, we’re part of the soul of this country”.

Only just showing on FX in the US, it’ll be a while before it’s on streaming platforms. That will not deter the show’s fans.

1 Like

With the third series finishing this week i was pleased to hear today that a fourth series of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing has been commissioned. It’s probably the one thing i really look forward to seeing every week, superb, the sort of programme the BBC does so well. In fact i reckon that only the BBC would take a chance with commissioning something like this, Patrick Holland, the controller of BBC2 has admitted that there were many in the upper echelons of the BBC who thought he was mad when he decided to run with it. Well done him.

4 Likes

I’ve just started watching it. Love both of them, so it’s an easy watch.

2 Likes

Right, done a delayed Jay’s quiz with YoungAdult#2 who is in lockdown in Cardiff (#TeenageMutant is retired as a moniker)

Now off to watch this weeks The Boys.

Wow - grisly end to ep7 of The Boys

Only 7 days to ep8

:roll_eyes:

Just done the latest episode of Fargo. Really enjoying this season. Most of the other seasons have involved gangs and organised crime. This one gets straight into the middle of it, placing the struggle between the gangs front and centre.

It’s still very much Fargo though. which is a show about things unravelling, plans shot, malevolent external forces and the cumulative effects of all those choices. It revels in travelling off the beaten path.

The key mover in this season seems to be an Italian mobster, freshly arrived from the old country, thinking his American partners in crime are all soft, going against family orders, on the verge of starting a war with Chris Rock’s clan.

Oh, look what’s on my Plex

3 Likes

The PLAN was Fish & Chips watching the News before Mrs P_F goes to BFF for “tinder adventure updates” leaving me with Mandalorian & Disco.
Looking at the road to where I am blocked in, think getting home for breakfast was optimistic
:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Fucking ace! First series was awesome and now longer episodes for series 2, I love this, Jon Favreau has earned a special place in my heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not uploaded yet

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So about to do the latest Fargo.

I think other people should too. The cool thing about Fargo is that it’s an anthology series. You do not have to have seen season one to watch season four. The two have nothing in common.

You, potential Fargo view, could tune into series four right now and see a fucking good gangster yarn.

Struggling to watch anything these days. Nothing seems to hold my attention.
This includes Succession which on paper looks good but I’m just not into it.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one.
Just cant get into normal deep stuff.
Just seems being stuck home 24x7 barring shopping trips I just want fluffy visual shit on screen that induces the odd smile & occassional laugh.
Tried some standup comedy but it was just like “yeah but nothings funny atm”

I know it’s just cabin Fever but

1 Like

Was watching a very clever episode of Mr Robot the other day, not because of the hacking or anything else but at the start of the episode the first words spoken, by Darlene, are “You don’t have to say anything”
 no-one then says anything until the end of the episode when one of the protagonists says “We need to talk”

1 Like

Good show

Penultimate episode of Fargo’s fourth season. I can’t really go into the plot without major spoilers for season four, but one thing I have said throughout is that we have a gang war on, during the 1950s. This week was a complete change of pace, shot in black and white for the most part, but hit the colour Wizard of Oz style.

I was thinking that this show had no characters with any of the other shows, what with it being set in 1950. Then I remembered. 1979 really isn’t that far away. I’m pretty sure at least one character belongs in S2.

Oh yeah, season 4 is so good
 shame it’s the last one

Actually, unlike so many shows, having an actual end is a luxury rather than just “being cancelled” which is too prevalent in the modern era.
Or, just going on and on and on and on and

Not mentioning DC TV by name but

1 Like

Queen’s Gambit is excellent - one of the best things I’ve watched this year.

Weirdly reminds me of Succession somehow despite being quite different vibes, may be that I wasn’t expecting much from either and was quickly hooked.

Others on my 2020 highly rated list:

• What We Do In The Shadows (probably my favourite comedy currently airing)
  • Dead to Me
  • The Boys
  • The Good Place final series
  • I May Destroy You
  • Normal People
  • Barry
  • The Great
  • White Lines
  • Unorthodox
  • The Crown
  • The Mandalorian
2 Likes

Wow!

Mrs C_S would agree with The Queens Gambit and The Crown & I would go with The Boys but not sure about the rest,

Maybe we should have a poll on best top Covid watches?

Go to it @BTripz @