Glastonbury 2023

Ouch.
Still gotta try

“ No acts have been confirmed as of yet.”

“ Tickets for next year’s event will cost £335 plus a £5 booking fee – an increase of £55.”

Hype over substance - watch it on Telly if you need to Phil :joy:

1 Like

The Ayatollah just asked if they were the expensive ones :joy: She thought she would be glamping for that

When I told her they were the shit in a field tickets she has cooled considerably on the idea

3 Likes

Not once in all my trips have we known who would be playing when we were lucky enough to get tickets.

But that is 3 weeks wages so it is tough, yet compared to what the surge pricing algorythms have been doing with normal gigs not that bad. We always watched about 6 or 7 acts a day, and most fun was from randoms we never planned to be at

Yeah, BUT, if you have a mate with a stupid big house & Garden & an outdoor electric feed for the Campervan & huge Tent where you can have a shit & a shower each morning and a full English Breakfast and a lift to the gate
It’s priceless

1 Like

If he was a mate, wouldn’t he let you stay in his big house? :grin:

1 Like

Sounds hygienic :wink:

2 Likes

Have done.
And if Mrs P_F was coming, we would. But she would have a fit if she knew the cost!

Listening to some of the stories about Glastonbury, I’ve often pondered whether half the attraction is the tales of dysentery and blocked toilets the unfortunate attendees are able to accumulate and recount at the drop of a conversational hat.

I can’t say it appeals. :unamused:

2 Likes

An oxymoron if ever I heard one. There has never been, and there never will be, any “glamour” involved in camping. Hideous pursuit. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

So, my 1st trip was during my PPL training when I got to fly around the site. Having lived in Salisbury and hated the Hippies, I was gob smacked at the size of it.
As "Big Moments began to happen (Radiohead, Coldplay becoming a thing) I was already in the sandpit.

It became something I’d like to see - call it a bucket list event.
Anyway by a miracle the resale day came up and back then International People could call by phone. And I got through. I got 2 tickets for myself & Phone a Friend AND a Campervan ticket
A scramble to find one to rent and sorted.
We made a mistake of going down a day late and being stuck for hours in the queues, and parking in the Campervan Field just outside Salisbury (so it seemed), but we were good.

Campervan field had Portaloos that were cleaned at 7am each day, so we were n there by 07:05 each morning. A mini-shower and a full English and we were ready to go.

And we fvcking LOVED the mess. You have to understand that we lived in 5* Star Bling world. Glasto was just such a wonderful Detox from the horrors of fake Walnut in Car Park Bathrooms and we could eat PORK Street Foods! Jerk CHicken wasn’t a thing in Dubai but OMG how good is that. Pasties, Bacon Rolls and brilliant music and Herbs.

We were hooked.
Went twice more with PaF then upgraded and took Mrs P_F - did it right by getting her used to the mess by stopping to meet @lifeintheslowlane on the way :roll_eyes: and she was hooked.

I love it BECAUSE of the whole mess of being real, being Feral. Equally I have NEVER needed to sit on a Long Drop!

Equally because I am King of the Blag, I’ve never had to pitch a tent inside the fence. Would do it if no other choice but having wheels to lock gear in and cooking.epic.
Did 1 year as driver for s mate who was a volunteer so slept on a tent some way past Pilton but had the car, table & chairs. Portable camping shower, and a van doing full English breakfast

I thought we had the ideal location in the lower 40 for you to get acclimatised before actually getting to Glasto. We’d blasted the fir plantation, dug ditches and flooded them for location shooting of the movie “War Horse”.
We then played “music” by Coldplay to give the air of hopeless desolation as rain had been forecast for the weekend.
I think it was perfect preparation for your first Glasto…

4 Likes

Just a reminder one week to ticket sales :roll_eyes:

Wonder how much electricity is being wasted by Seetickets crashing and the planet F5ing still

Tis better to have tried and failed than to just moan about the event on social media.
We failed.
1 got to the booking page and it crashed
:sob:

YoungAdults#1&2

Tickets :white_check_mark:
Beer, :white_check_mark:
Tents, :white_check_mark:
Loo roll :white_check_mark:
Drugs, :white_check_mark: (I’m assuming)
Waterproof :x:
Wellies :x:

Character building :joy:

1 Like

Tbh the absolute BEST waterproofs we bought about 6 years ago - like 10 packs of 4 Poundland Ponchos. Just perfect kept us and back packs dry.

No Wellies? They are going to be royally fucked. The Mud just sucks your shoes/hiking boots off your feet

1 Like

I’ve done a few both hot and wet ones, hard to plan tbf. Part of the experience I guess. Character building.

1 Like

Typical Glastoware these days?