⛺ Glastonbury 2019

Glasto is soooooo last year. All the middle class edgy hipsters are off across the pond this summer. It’s the Trumpton riots!

2 Likes

Next month, I could apply for tickets in resale but is it worth it with this shite? The young are needed to make it relevant, it’ll be wank straw hats, check shirts and savy blanc, edgy indeed, like a night out in Southampton…

You have way too much faith in the young. They’re all square as square can be.

2 Likes

Thought you were going shoe shopping with Mrs Sanchez in NYC anyway?

FFS get over yourself you pompous ass. My missus and I will be trying to get tickets…especially if they do a pensioner’s concession and confirm Des O’connor on The Pyramid.

ROCK ON!

4 Likes

I am next month, sightseeing not show shopping, bought her a Mulberry bag, she’ll be happy with that and a Maccies.

Des isn’t doing it this year, even he says is full of middle aged bells, he’s up for Reading if offered.
Frankie Vaughan was up for it but he’s been dead for 20 years…

Only straw hats I ever see there are worn by kids wearing flip flops. Too dumb to realise what rain & 250,000 people do to a field :sunglasses:

1 Like

They’re young middle class bells, they can go as well.

If the Killers, Cure and Stormzy do headline this will be the shittest line up since Dad’s Army.

As part of my reign of tyranny in the office, I have taken several measures. The first was to ditch the whiteboard for tasks.

Instead, it now features a list of banned topics of conversation. This list presently comprises of:-

• Mortgages
  • Car insurance
  • Waitrose
  • Marks and Spencer

and…

• Glasto

I’m becoming a bit of a bore on the subject.

Mind you, you can do that without a ticket, as @Barry-Sanchez so deftly illustrates.

6 Likes

Don’t me wrong I love Glastonbury and will try to go again later at some point BUT there should be a ticket reform so there are more young people there (cutting my throat but it’s fairer) and if you go one year you can’t go the next (if they aren’t sold they then go to general sale).
I’ll be watching from the comfort of my garden and I’ll watch every minute I possibly can do.
This years line up of headliners is shit no two ways about it if they’re the three, strong denials and people saying it’s subjective won’t wash, it’s very very weak.

Sorry Barry, but on this issue at least, you’re just being a killjoy prick because you didn’t get a ticket.

1 Like

Don’t you think its unfair that the middle aged and middle class continue to have their fun and deny the younger generation? I include myself in this, there should be 75% of the crowd at least under 30 or even 25.
And the line up as it is is shit, the headliners are fucking woeful, the Killers was amazing but performed in 2017 for fuck sake, its desperate.

I keep seeing whiteboards on wheels about the place to put tasks on. The one near us just has leave and training days so something useful.

Glad to news. We have to pay between 1st-7th April. Resale is 25th and 28th April.
My back has gone again this week. 4 months to get it back on track.

1 Like

51% of the festival is under 30. The highest represented age group are the 21-25 year olds, taking up almost 20% of the tickets.

You’re also missing the point. How the fuck is it a bad thing if people of all ages want to go and party for five days together?

2 Likes

Its a great but there are still too many middle aged people there, the average age is 39! 75% should be given to the under 25’s or 30’s or they’ll find something else and the festival will lose its relevance, I’m 43 so its hardly a fucking agenda is it? And I’ve said I’d love to go again so its not sour grapes either, its fairness, and my view is hardly unique, lots of people want it to change for a more dynamic crowd.
Its brilliant to view and its one of our greatest cultural treasures but move over middle agers (not all) and the let the young ones have a go.

“…Its brilliant to view and its one of our greatest cultural treasures but move over middle agers (not all) and the let the young ones have a go…”

Sounds suspiciously like The Proms. You sure you haven’t mixed up events?

4 Likes

I see BST Hyde Park are being very edgy this year, Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand and Florence & the Machine headlining

I’m boycotting BST as they sell all sorts of VIP tickets (with separate entrance) and anyone who pays the bog standard price is very far away. Ruined a gig for me that did.

2 Likes