šŸ—£ Gigs

Saw The ā€œOh Seesā€ at the O2. Bristol last Sunday, Sounds a bit wank, but they were incredidbly good live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV77jgo6LJIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV77jgo6LJI

I hear from a source close to you that Braggā€™s heart hasnā€™t been in it lately. Gets off early at festivals. Never got over the moment he met the Great Paul Taylor at a vegan place in Greenfields *

* Note, forum regulars. ** This was not my statement. This was @Intinikiā€™s fellaā€™s brilliant piss-take after I met Billly Bragg.

ā€œOh, Iā€™m sure Bllly Bragg was very pleased to meet the Great Paul Taylorā€, he said. I told intinitkiā€™s fella to fuck off and called him a bastard a lot of times in quick succession. Warmly. He was undeterred in this particular line of comedy.

** Yes I am deeply ashamed that I have to point that out.

4 Likes

Saw them in London last Monday. They were fucking incredible. Watching those two drummers playing in unison was absolutely mesmerising.

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t know too much about them beforehand to be honest. A friend recommended them. Fucking amazing live experience

1 Like

Off to see this lot tonight, should be fun. Might be up your alley @SaintBristol, if you liked Thee Oh Sees. Or anyone who I infected with King Gizz

:point_up_2:

This was loads of fun. So glad I, for once, remembered to pick up my ear plugs. Was a proper treat to not have ears ringing and hurting on the way home - which was good, as the trains conspired to make it take an absolute age to get home, having to go right out East (walking distance from my old flat) to then go to zone 6 West :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In further evidence of how old Iā€™m getting, off to Spiritualized tonight. Itā€™s an all seater affair at The Apollo, and Iā€™m actually looking forward to sitting there and letting it wash over me.

2 Likes

yep thatā€™s a sign, when you start going for the seated. Always have those earplugs (I wear mine on the tube as the decibels are quite loud there too). The most recent sign is that you are happy that whatever youā€™ve gone to do on a week night is over by 9.30/10pm. But think you are a good few years away from that.

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t a choice last night, but it worked perfectly. Couple of weeks ago me and my mate asked if we could sit upstairs at the Forum, despite having standing tickets. Itā€™s definitely happening.

Also realised that probably 3 of my fave 5 gigs this year have been seated, 2 of those have included orchestras. I donā€™t even know what I am anymore.

3 Likes

Old.

4 Likes

:older_man:

1 Like

Headed to the beautiful Royal Albert Hall last night to MTV unplugged Biffy Clyro gig. We were up on the first row of the rausing circle. Not ideal for people with aversion to heights (apparently thatā€™s my partner).
Superb show considering theyā€™re pretty full on generally. Hearing the songs in a different way was beautiful.
This was my 3rd night out in a row. I now need a day off to rest. Unfortunately on duty this week. So no rest for the wicked.

2 Likes

Dan Oā€™Farrell in Oxford Street.

Live.

Right now.

1 Like

Off to see Teleman at The Wedgewood Rooms tonight, anyone else going? Looks like Iā€™m Johnny Nomates again tonight and me needing a chaperone in bandit country.

2 Likes

Great gig last nightā€¦parking in Southsea doesnā€™t get any better.
Highlight was a pounding, raucous version of ā€œDusseldorfā€ā€¦this is a tamer versionā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise the gig was on until I read your post last night. Would have gone had I known earlier.

Sorry!

1 Like

Never mindā€¦did see an old workmate whoā€™s pretty well a fixture at The Wedgewood Rooms.

Saw Teleman at the Concorde2 (Brighton) on Tuesday night. They are just such a good tight band. Highlight was Song for a Seagull. Didnā€™t appreciate just how good a song it was until Tues. Pop classic!

Off to see The Orb 30th anniversary tour at Concorde on Friday. Messy.

2 Likes

Absolutelyā€¦

1 Like

Headed to Ally Pally last night for Bloc Party ā€˜Silent Alarmā€™ gig. Apparently they played the album backwards (I am not very good with remembering titles of song or their order on albums these days) so wasnā€™t aware. Just read that the album ā€œremains a cornerstone of every 20-something indie fanā€™s musical upbringingā€ hey I am 40 and love that album. Great gig. Some technical issues after they finished the Silent Alarm section.
Show marred a little by the inconsiderate people smoking (I thought these youngsters were turning their back on this!) and too much barging (I wasnā€™t even in a particularly busy area). I may have been a bit grumpy after a long day.

Also where did all the giants come from all of a sudden?

1 Like

Saw John Grant last night at Brixton. An ex housemate came with me. Realised although we both live in London weā€™d not seen each other since last August (2017) in Southampton!
John was fabulous. So glad Iā€™ve got to see him live now. Pretty minimal stage and no fancy outfits. Heā€™s very funny and charming on stage.
Bit surprised the gig hadnā€™t sold out really.
It was the first time Iā€™ve sat with my coat on at Brixton Academy. It did not warm up at all!
We did get daggers from a girl as we accidentally kicked over her bottle of beer that we did not see when she was away from her seat (maybe her companion should have kept a better eye on it). Ops.

2 Likes