Gangs of Sotonians Themes

We all love Athelico Mince, according to reports on the Podcasts thread. That show has a recurring feature called “Gangs of the EPL”, in which Premier League teams are factionally divided for ridiculous reasons.

Sotonians no longer looks the same for all peeps. You can choose a theme. That’s actually a better reason for factional division in the aforementioned Mince Skit.

Which gang are you in?

• The Definitive Defaults
  • The In-Vincent Balls
  • The AS Dark Solid Crew
  • The actually Dark Solid Crew

0 voters

1 Like

Our first poll I think. Interestingly, and a difficulty from a migration point of view, each posts can have a poll, not just the opening post.

So rate pap’s poll in the first post

0 voters

Polls apart? Pol pot? Pole vault? I went dark theme which freaked me out and I had to go lie down and watch naked ladies

Did you try the Vincent theme?

I think it somehow looks less busy.

Dark stuff makes me scared…

Needs to be the default, imo.

For one of the login tests that I asked people to do I used a dark theme and didn’t get great feedback, so went for the Discourse default for the launch.

I’m using Default on my account at the moment so if someone mentions a UI problem I can try to reproduce it.

I’m very much in the Vincent camp. Can the theme please be renamed to Dobie Gray, as it’s clearly where the in crowd go.

1 Like

When you’ve got user controllable themes going on, does it matter what the default is?

I’m not sure it does.

I am pretty sure that Vincent is more striking than the default. The only thing I’d like to try first is a Red Vincent, to see if that works better than the blue.

We could have a nice old democratic poll to decide it.

1 Like

How do I change the look? I’m not asking bletch this as he’ll bang on like Lawrence Llewyllyn-Bowen for weeks.

Account->Preference>Interface.

Amazingly I managed to find it myself. This is really cool bletch. I used to think you were shit but you’ve gone very slightly up in my estimation.

5 Likes

I thought Poles were knocked out?