šŸ•¹ Games I am playing at the moment

Finished the main game. Iā€™ve not finished the expansion yet, and I probably should.

Completed the main game a few times, yet to finish the WOTC expansion due to the iron man mode being completely fucked on the PS4 port (it crashes all the time and wipes out all your saved games), I am therefore resigned to completing it on the hardest difficulty but ā€˜honestlyā€™, which is fucking near on impossible when grenadier Gavstar is the first bastard all the aliens decide to fucking bullseye.

ah yeah Iā€™m aware obsidian were involved, didnā€™t realise they made the whole thing. They should give Obsidian the 76 map and see what they can do with it. If itā€™s even salvageable.

RDR2 and Forza 4

Getting the former for Christmas. Havenā€™t got through Forza Horizon 3 yet, but will likely get it on PC once it drops in price.

I bought a xbox for Forza 4, its great fun and when I have time Iā€™ll get the xbox exclusives, its shite compared to PS though, clunky interface and controller doesnā€™t feel as natural.

RDR2 is tremendous, Iā€™m playing through really slowly, I hope they fill the whole map as opposed to what it is of now, that said its still a large map.

1 Like

I quite like the XBox One controller. I have one for my PC. Biggest complaint is that fucking USB-B port. Mine gave up the ghost a while ago.

1 Like

It really is bloody awesome

The only complaint Iā€™ve heard about it is that the controls are a bit unwieldy, and that it is far too easy to do things you donā€™t want to do.

But then thatā€™s every Rockstar game, really.

You get used to them, I did spend the first hour inadvertently shooting various random people when I only wanted to say hello

2 Likes

You are saying hello in your own way.

Youā€™re also saying goodbye in a pretty definite way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am currently playing AC III on my PC, thatā€™s all I can play on these days as my son has hogged the PS4 to play Fortnite

Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Itā€™s a celebration of all things Nintendo, the latest in a series which began life on the N64. I believe it has every character from every game plus more to boot. Iā€™ve already taken a shine to Simon from Castlevania and Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Talking of Obsidian, this looks like it has potentialā€¦

1 Like

Got some game related presents this Christmas. Games wise, I have two new additions to the library, Red Dead 2 and Just Cause 4. Iā€™ve not played much of RDR2 yet, but what Iā€™ve seen so far justifies the hype. Looks gorgeous on the PS4 Pro on a 1080 panel.

Just Cause is a series Iā€™ve been playing since the second instalment. For me, itā€™s now the best open world game for pure crazy shit. I had fun with goats in the third instalment. I will have even more fun now that I can balloon the bastards into the sky.

Finally, the missus got me some 7:1 headphones, clearly a device to prevent the subwoofer from interrupting whatever the fuck sheā€™s watching. The device is working; when I tried gaming without them she was upstairs in a flash in rolling pin mode.

Itā€™s this sort of thing which makes Just Cause 4 so easy to love.

1 Like

Was around a mates last night and the Wii was on the go, bowling was still such a laugh so up the loft today and the daughter was playing it, 13 years old and still giving.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing Hearts of Iron IV since Chrimbo. It is a WW2 strategic simulator that allows you to reshape those events. Britain can go Commie or Fascist. You can play as any country in the world. Some very interesting political groups emerge as war reshapes the global order, such as the French Commune or The Nordic Brotherhood.

The WW2 stuff is fun enough, but itā€™s a PC game, so thar be mods. Iā€™ve downloaded a modern day mod. Tony Blair is a selectable character! Jeremy Corbyn is playable!

My plan is to start in 2000, leave the EU and keep my head down while the US goes off on its adventures alone. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

Been looking at some old Amiga stuff from 30 years ago.

Check out this ā€œattractā€ screen for Peter Beardsleyā€™s International Football. Itā€™s the stuff of nightmares.