🐉 đŸ’ș ⚔ Game Of Thrones /spoilers

Brilliant and perfect:joy:

I had to do 2 “interprofessional learning” modules whilst at uni.
I recognise this.

1 Like

Sums GoT up nicely lol

Think there’s alot more in the relationship between the hound and ayra

I found some fellow GOT viewing coworkers today. I was excited I could maybe chat about it. Turns out 1 is still on series 7. The other hadn’t yet watched latest episode. Ffs.

1 Like

Just finished watching this week’s episode on NOWTV. It’s the Game of Thrones equivalent of From Dusk Til Dawn, in that the last half of the episode is very different to the first.

The episode starts up in Winterfell, following the victory against the Night King. A lot of bodies are burned, Jon Snow gives great speech that really stroked my King thing. It’s stirring stuff, full of Night’s Watch references. I almost teared up.

Attention soon shifts onto the politics of Game of Thrones, not least the consequences of Jon finding out about his true lineage. The secret is out, setting many characters, especially Varys, along new and dangerous paths. I think he’s brown bread soon, possibly toasted.

I won’t give any major spoilers just now, but suffice to say that major things happen. The overall theme of the last two episodes is the crumbling of Daenerys’ power base and her overall suitability for power. She likes it all a bit too much. Increasingly isolated and facing a rival claim, I would be entirely unsurprised if she didn’t go Mad Queen D before series’ end.

Fantastic episode which excited me more than I was expecting it to.

So ships take a while to turn round
 so why not toast em from behind? (all I am saying)

3 Likes

It’s a show about the undead and dragons. Fortunately for you, there is an entire Internet full of freaks ready to scientifically deconstruct a fantasy show with the strong implication they could have written the best show in history better.

It would appear there are even more who take Everything said bout it so very very seriously
 :lou_eyes_to_sky:

It’s the Rule of Cool, nothing more, nothing less and nothing new.

Well not what I was expecting episode 5, but compelling viewing and shocking as always

That was a good one!

Spoilers ahoy
So this is the infamous penultimate episode of the season for Game of Thrones. Typically, this is the episode where shit you did not expect goes down.

This year really is no exception. In fact, it proves the rule with blood and fire. After the teeing up we got last week, we expected some fire damage at King’s Landing. I don’t think we expected this much, which is what made the episode so truly shocking.

I have spent the best part of two weeks listening to Game of Thrones YouTube videos in my period of not being able to read very much. I heard a few theories positing the idea that Cersei had the wildfire primed, a la Sept Of Baelor.

Very few vid-makers took the view that Dany might not just give a fuck, as was the case with the show’s characters. If any one of them had had foreknowledge of what was about to transpire, that the bells were not the end, but merely the beginning, all would have considered Jon’s claim much more seriously, especially Jon.

So yep. Penultimate Game of Thrones episode. Shit went down. There’s more to mop up in the finale than ever before. Superb stuff. We will not see its like again.

Wack wack oops.

There a lot of angry people out there (in general) about that episode.
In regards to kids called Khaleesi. Well you probably should be annoyed with your easily influenced parents but pretty sure there is an icecream brand with a similar name. So could use that as a reason instead.

It’s a fucking army of wannabe script writers.

That, and YouTubers who’ve said something is definitely going down one way, when in fact the show has a different idea.

1 Like

So this could just as easily have gone in the Games I am playing thread, but I thought I’d put it here instead.

I have been playing a GoT mod on Civilization VI, a popular computer game. After this week’s events, I could not bear to play as Daenerys, so I played as the Wildlings instead. My immediate neighbours were the Others (White Walkers and crew in the show).

I built five archers, surrounded their city and shot them all to death before the end of the ancient era.

I don’t think the TV show version would have been much cop :smiley:

Forgot I saw this the other day on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1558114007279

2 Likes

Young Adult #2 contacted the famchat about having a barbecue in the summer.

I asked if King’s Landing had gotten her peckish.

“No, it was an awful episode” she says. Her and her boyfriend would be two of those wannabe script writers, but really, her dislike comes from putting all her chips on Daenerys and that girl power thing going sour.

“I just want a kebab”, she says, detailing her rather modest dead flesh requirement.

“That’s a relief”, I replied. “The cost of peasants has gone through the roof since the country voted to leave the European Union”.

1 Like

What is surprising is that many Dany fans seem to have missed the obvious that this madness was coming
 she has shown her true colours from series 2 onwards, obsessive lust for throne, torching any dissenters, crucifixion, and droning on and on about being the mother of dragons - was postal from beginning really

3 Likes