šŸ‰ šŸ’ŗ āš” Game Of Thrones /spoilers

Could be. I thought that Sansa was surpringly open with LF given how short she has been with him previously. You might be on to something.

So any bets on what that dragon might breathe?

1 Like

The second - Thatā€™s what I said to j-law!

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing it is an ice cloud that will freeze people instantly rather than BBQ them. Not sure how fire would work when they all live in a frozen world. Itā€™ll be interesting to see the dragons do battle now.

Littlefinger dead? Hmmm. That would be cool but who killed him? Sansa had reason to kill him but clearly hasnt. He isnt one to get involved in battles and is always on the sidelines or in the shadows. Arya? But I dont think he is on her list, and does she know that he was involved in her Dadā€™s beheading? Bran would know but doesnt seem to want to tell anyone anything of any use other than important plot movers.

I am more intrigued as to why Briene has been sent away. Was that Arya and not Sansa telling her to go to the meeting? Probably not. Why doesnt she/John have a Hand? A politician would have been a better envoy than a killing machine.

So where does that leave us based on next weekā€™s clips? It looks like Theon is going to try and save Yara. No sign of Jon being back home or meeting Sam so perhaps the big reveal (to him) about his Mum and Dad is being held over to the final series? Grey Worm and his tackleless bunch seem to have got away from Casterly Rock without troubling Euron? Sansa and Tyrion look concerned. Massive face off coming involving most of the main players. What has Cersei got planned for Team Dany at the Dragon Pit?

Buggered if I know but it is fun trying to second guess.

Lots of plot holes appearing as they speed the story lines up. Very disappointed in Lord Varys. Since he lost his little birds there seems to be little point in his being there. He can no longer provide intel. If he still had his finger on the pulse he would know that Qyburn is a big threat and he should have had him taken out by now. Then again, why isnt Bran using what he knows about Arya to use her skills in taking out strategic characters? Argh!!!

Upvoted for both agreeing with my theory and popularising the use of J-Law with respect to your other half. Letā€™s hope that Jennifer Lawrence does not take offence and come round with some pipe-hittinā€™ Panemā€™ers.

2 Likes

Its a shame that they have cut it down from 7 to 10 in the series. Although it has forced the pace it has also now made it more unbelievable as the time frames are all to fuck. They seem to be able to teleport everywhere. Was thinking when Jon led the mission to catch a wight, as ravens are the only way to communicate over long distances, take a cage of ravens with you! The had a sled for provisions. It would have been quicker than sending a thick set blacksmith for a run. I assume they were only on the little island for a night? Dany was there a day later yet was the otherside of Westeros when she started out? And why not break the ice up as it formed around the rock to form a moat? They had a nice meaty war hammer. Why didnt the NK lob his spear at Drogon? He was on the deck and not moving. It would also have kept the humans there and lured in the other dragons so making them easier targets. Come on George, get the next effin book out for us GoT nerds!!! We need better detail.

1 Like

The GoT writers are running out of plot, or more specifically, running out of detail. Theyā€™ve got the plot beats, but theyā€™ve admitted that theyā€™re working backwards from many of those plot points without knowing the in-between.

The mission up North is the perhaps the perfect example of this. They needed Jon Snow to have certain people by his side, Daenerys to be a true believer and for the Night King to get a dragon. I called Viserionā€™s death, btw. Said that he would be first to go. Itā€™s just a shame it couldnā€™t have been in better circumstances.

Iā€™m basically relying on the Winterfell plot for a bit of nuance this season. That said, I thought the waif storyline was more complex than it actually turned out to be.

Maybe the writers are just ploughing through this shit.

1 Like

Oh, and btw, this is a fantastic review of the most recent episode. Spoiler-laden.

The finale is in my brain! Just finished watching it. Whopping episode, almost a small movie rather than an episode of TV. Stirring stuff, first to last. Not a scene wasted, and boy are we set up for an epic clash in the last season. Spoilers lie ahead.

The episode begins in Kings Landing, where all the major players are meeting up to discuss the threat of the dead. Itā€™s a great sequence, not least because it features the gruff talents of both Bronn and Sandor Clegane. Sandor is fantastic in this episode, especially when he reunites with Brienne, The Mountain and Tyrion. Itā€™s no surprise heā€™s a fan favourite.

The plan to provide proof doesnā€™t actually seem all that mental this week. The unveiling of the wight is a truly sickening sight for most involved, instantly convincing most of the Kings Landing cohort that this is a threat they need to take seriously. The scene is all the more effective because weā€™ve never seen wights in bright sunlight before. They look even grislier than they do in the snow. Eventually, a truce is hammered out after a delicate scene featuring Tyrion and Cersei. She tells the Northern and Dragon alliance that her armies will march North to face the threat of the dead.

Back in Winterfell, the seemingly ailing plot of the last few weeks comes good. I knew the show wasnā€™t playing a straight bat with the apparent breakdown of the reunited sistersā€™ relationship, but Iā€™d given the show too much credit on what I thought was happening with the waif last year. Itā€™s not just satisfying to be correct, itā€™s a satisfying conclusion to a storyline full stop. Thereā€™ll be a lot of frothing people on the Internet needing to eat their words tonight. Theyā€™ll just froth at something else.

Someone else not playing a straight bat is Cersei Lannister. Much to her brother Jaimeā€™s horror, she does not intend to make good on he pledge to put her forces north. Bran and Samwell Tarly reunite, and between them, manage to dispel an illusion cast over all of Westeros, and most of the viewers. When Ygritte teased Jon Sneer about knowing nothing, few would have thought that extended to whether he knew his own name or not. He still knows nothing. That wonā€™t last long.

Finally, the worldā€™s most obvious spoiler finally came about tonight. Obvious because it always had to happen. You donā€™t set up one huge impregnable Wall for that bastard not to come crashing down at some point.

1 Like

On the rewatch, It occurs to me that the bloke fighting Theon resembles our very own @btripz .

Think @pap has covered it all. Top episode. Now the long wait. Probably as long as one of their winters.

Teenage Mutant watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Interestingly he made the comment that now the storylines have gone past the books and relying on a team of script writers things are going to reach their sell by date soonish - never thought Iā€™d hear him say thatā€¦!

Sets the final season up nicely. Trouble is that might not be until 2019.

Is it okay to shag your auntie?

Maybe itā€™s all about cocks in the end? Great line.

so how did the Unsullied managed to get out of Casterly Rock if Eurons fleet had them boxed in???

1 Like

And didnā€™t Cersei want Bronn punished for setting up the meeting?

Jonathon Ross on Thronecast. What a twat.

Iā€™m probably the only one who will miss Littlefinger :confused: Even in his death throes he was trying to do politics :scream:

His time was up. You could see his part weakening as the series went on. Varys will get his too in the final series.

2 Likes

Credit to Lena Headey, sheā€™s an exceptional actress. Alfie Allen is great too as Theon

2 Likes