šŸ‰ šŸ’ŗ āš” Game Of Thrones /spoilers

You deserve a down vote for that. But Iā€™m nearing the end and canā€™t be arsed.

Fair point, Iā€™ve edited in a warning. Now if someone reads it they only have themselves to blame

Sorry @gaz-92800 my post was not aimed at you but @pap for his appalling joke.

If itā€™s any consolation, you have become my favourite sotonian for showing such restraint in your reply to me given that you thought I had basically called you a cunt.

1 Like

Now TV (owned by Sky)

Haha thanks @fatso , Iā€™ve spent a while in the US recently so Iā€™ve had to tone down the swearing. Otherwise Iā€™d have typed a 2 paragraph, fuck-filled response

1 Like

Just watched the recent episode.

Liked Cerseiā€™s fake news speech from the throne.

1 Like

The handling of the Sand Snakes was one of the few low points of the adaptation. Apart from Alyrria, the others werenā€™t fleshed out much beyond being dusky uncouth exotic ninjas. Their last scenes, pinned to Euronā€™s ships with their own weapons, were probably their best.

Cerseiā€™s a sick fucker, so Iā€™d be disappointed if she didnā€™t do some ā€œBride of The Mountainā€ shit with Alyrria when she gets back. It is the absolute worst thing she could do, so Iā€™m hoping she will.

Sotonians (all incarnations) has always prided itself on puns, @fatso

Your opinions are wrong :lou_sunglasses:

Iā€™m giving you a retrospective down vote. You only have yourself to blame.

As you say @pap , from what I hear in the books the whole Dorne storyline is much more devloped. Everything with them felt a bit rushed, perhaps because it isnā€™t so essential to the overall plot.

I wonder if Bron could save the day for Tyene? Jaime promised him something better than his current wife-and-castle-to-be, marrying Tyene would make him Prince of Dorne I presume? Would maybe get the Dornish army on the side of the Lannisters too.

Another Monday morning, another GoT review, largely spoiler free.

The Good
First off, itā€™s another episode where things happen. Weā€™re getting into a phase of the show where things that were announced last week tend to happen the week after. Both of the military operations that Dany and the guys planned in the last episode have now come to an end. The first scene takes place in Dragonstone, showing Jon Snow and his cohort arriving on the shores. Not only does the Bastard of Winterfell get a reunion with the dwarf of Casterley Rock, but this episode also marks the first meeting of the Dragon Queen and the King in the North.

As a viewer, you forget that most of the characters have not seen what we have seen. Thereā€™s an early scene where one of the dragons swoops over the Snow party. That was handled pretty well.

Finally, plenty of action and consequence this week. Major players are taken off the chessboard.

The Bad

Once again, I find myself concentrating on the quality of the villainy for this section, rather than moaning about the quality of the show. Itā€™s another very solid episode with very little filler. Top villains this week include Cersei, even though sheā€™s operating at 1% of her villain capacity, and Euron, triumphant after his rout of Yaraā€™s Greyjoy fleet, asking Jaime if his sister likes a finger up the bum.

The Ugly
Much of the nastiness this week comes from poison, and it is all administered at the Lannisterā€™s request. Cersei develops a particularly fitting punishment for one former foe, while Jaime suggests something similar for another, which is probably a mercy by comparison. Context is key.

1 Like

It just gets better and betterā€¦ although a few strategic miscalculations from the good guys reach tehir conclusions this weekā€¦ :lou_surprised:

1 Like

Danny needs to heed the advice given last week and be a dragon, not a sheep. Time to kick some butt.

Felt Euron is a bit Lord Flashearty.

3 Likes

Yes! That is spot on! I wonder that it didnā€™t occur to me before!

3 Likes

Spot on! He doesnt have the depth of nastiness that made Joffrey and Ramsey such hatful characters. You just expect him to say to Cersei ā€œIs this a canoe in my pocket or am I just pleased to see you.ā€ GOT get most things right but this character is very poor (so far).

Interesting how the other characters are or have changed though. Jamie has grown a heart and conscience already and The Hound is going the same way. Daenerys seem to becoming more power crazed as she gets nearer to the Iron Throne. She seems to have abandoned her instincts, which worked well for her at the start and is being led astray by poor advice. Tyrion is finding out that, for all of his bottom of the glass wisdom, he is no match for proper military advisers. Bran looks as though he has spent too long on the magic mushrooms. Sansa has grown into her role and is showing real signs of being able to match Cersei. One to watch? Jorah is on his way back to Daenerys, perhaps he can get her back on track (or on her back)? It never pays to taake anything for granted, but I am expecting Theon to grow a pair (figuratively speaking!) and next weekā€™s clip was intriguing.

1 Like

I like to watch some of the YouTube stuff that surrounds the show. Thereā€™s one called plot leak, and to see how accurate it was (it was all published months ago) I looked at the prediction for episode three.

Apart from getting the timing of the arrival of one of the characters wrong, it was spot on.

Donā€™t watch GoT plot leak, I guess.

2 Likes

Itā€™s tricky isnā€™t it? Part of me is keen to know what is going to happen but another part doesnā€™t want to spoil the surprise. Euron has only taken out minor characters so far. For real bastard credentials he needs to up his game. He must be due a really big scalp before the end of this series.

I dunno. I feel like if someone would tell me who wins in the end, who is left standing, and what the deal is with the zombie bros, i would be quite pleased not to go to trouble + inconvenience of Actually Watching The Show. There are occassional moments i enjoy, like this week, when bird has gone ā€œthis is the dragon woman, queen of the something, and khalesi or whatever and something and breaker of trains and got done by behind by that one guy and daughter of someone and mother of dragons and whatever elseā€, and then the other bro just goes ā€œthis is jon snerrā€, but they are few+far between.

2 Likes

That bit made me chuckle to myself as well Bearsy - but I like it - although, seems they have upped the pace a bitā€¦ not so much less story so shorter seasons which is what the producers are saying, but just cutting back on the big fillsā€¦ eg. in any previous season, the journey of Jonus bros snerr to Dragon whatsit would have take a whole ferking episodeā€¦ maybe with a bit of nudity (surprizinging neatly trimmed snatches for the times ) thrown in when at a stopover Inn and the local ladies of the night (who dont seem like heroin skanks, but are quite pretty) pop in for a late shiftā€¦ Big question is will Jonus Bros Snerr shag Dragon lady before they discover they are related ?

1 Like