Fulham v Saints Beers

Think 11 might be a bit early - although after last night I’m tempted to kill as many brain cells as possible

I’ll aim to get to the Coat and Badge by 12 - have a couple there then maybe a few more nearer the ground

…although having now looked at where the C&B actually is - that’s probably close enough to the ground isn’t it? Maybe we should stay there until it’s time for the game

or even during and after the game??

5 Likes

You may be right mate. The next nearest two will be much more rammed and do involve a slight double back, before walking through the park. Only five minutes longer from the C&B but let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Sure

A radical thought this - do we want to book a table at the C&B?

1 Like

I’m aiming to get there around 11 - depending on getting Teenage Mutant out of his festering pit at a reasonable time.

A table is a good idea. You guys know how to do posh don’t you?!!

1 Like

No worries, a table is already sorted. Be prepared for sporting stuff on the walls, Putney style (rowing and rugby)

2 Likes

Yes, when I said ‘we’ I obviously meant ‘you’! Thanks

And yes, Cobham - we’re classy here.

See you both on Saturday. Fowllyd is turning up too

4 Likes

I should be there around midday.

I will look for the table with the waiter standing next to it.

3 Likes

Yep. For one day only the VIP Champagne Room is open to all…

After watching that debacle last night I may take a bottle for the train journey.

1 Like

Just the one?

5 Likes

Looking like we’ll be pretty damn quorate then. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

C&B for 12 it is … number 1 son and my ample self will cast our wisdom amongst you. Looking forward to putting faces to names. Try not to give my son nightmares, he is only 13. Mange tout. Chris

4 Likes

He’ll be OK - neither pap nor Bletch will be there.

4 Likes

I almost feel like dragging myself and my kids up to London just for the social side…almost!!

3 Likes

An update - just popped into the Coat & Badge to make sure we have a table for 12 people (it’s a Sotonians away day, whoop!). No problem here.

But the landlord said that the local police advise we are bringing 7000 for this game. Seems hard to imagine…but it’s the FA Cup and the fact that neutral and home end tickets are widely available might support this?

The pub usually has four staff on the bar on Saturday lunchtimes. This weekend they have seven working but the landlord thinks it might not be enough. I will be there by 11.30 and Mrs Bucks will not be far behind. Get here early people!

4 Likes

Quality effort Bucks. All we need is Barry to share some TripAdvisor comments about how shite the beer is and how poorly the landlord manages his staff and it’ll be home from home. Happy days … only 2 sleeps. COYR

8 Likes

Hey @bucks Me & Teenage Mutant are in Block 2 as well.

Have never been to Fulham before so I take it there’s no restrictions on wearing colours even though it’s a mixed section? Couldn’t see anything on website.