🏎 Formula 1 - 2024

it must have been weird for mercedes two years ago when they rolled out their new car with the shitty little side pods, looked around the paddock and realised that everyone else had gone in an entirely different direction

I bet there were a couple of “oh fuck” moments

My view on Lewis to Ferrari?

He’s trying to do a schumacher. I suspect Lewis knows some of his critics point to the fact he has never really taken on a car that needs a lot of work and helped make them champions… when MS joined Ferrari, it took several years to get competitive, but its fair to say his feedback and drive played a huge part in that… and no doubt gave more satisfaction than winning more at Benetton. Lewis I suspect knows he needs to do this to.

Much more difficult these days though given the levels sophistication of current cars

1 Like

2024, the same as 2023? If so it’ll turn a load of people off of the sport.

I think the reason is more that Mercedes designed themselves into a black hole over the last two years and are so far behind that he cannot see them competing before he is too old

And from this testing so far he might be right

1 Like

Nah folks been saying that for years… total dominance by one team goes back to 1984 and John Barnard designed McLaren Tag /Porsche engined beast that Prost and Lauda took to 12/16 wins…. most seasons since has seen one or two teams dominate and yet sport has grown…. what folks love is the villainous behaviour of the Dick Dastardlys… it will die when there are no characters driving any more or rivalries.

The irony with F1 is that as the rules on spending and design have gotten tighter… the less competition there has been. I loved the years 77-96 or so best when you still saw real technical on ovation by teams - the Williams with active suspension, the Benetton with a radical elevated nose and full width wing… teams having an edge for a couple of years until another team came up with something new… even Ferrari designing a flexible rear wing subsequently ruled against the rules yet was the foundation for the DRS…

Too many rules and not enough testing time to try innovative design. Small privateers used to be able to join the throng and do well through sheer innovation…. now its a closed shop/franchise driven sport… to its shame and loss IMHO

Oh really

It is quite funny watching twitter explode into allegations of conspiracy and cover up

It seems these days, that unless an investigation serves up the alleged perp’s head on a platter, its rigged.

The whole point of an investigation is that it could go both ways

In woke & Cancel culture there is no such thing as not guilty and if you even imagined “trying to learn something new” or change then you get nuked.

I read the other day that xxx had carried out an independent review. The recipient (can’t remember who) then announced a one year review into the results of the independent review.
I wish I could get some of that sort of work

Oh really

Christian Horner: Red Bull team principal denies claims again after alleged messages leak -

Ah. “The mother of all meltdowns”
Oops

Christian Horner cuts lonely figure in Bahrain after ‘texts leak’: F1 boss returns to paddock with …

Oh, the Red Bull pit wall is minus Christian Horner, who has gone for a meeting with Sultan Ben Sulayem!!

Arabs dont like out of wedlock shenanigans
Horner has clearly been fucked, and she (we assume) is a woman scorned so he is fucked

What has Ginge got to say about all this?

She’s probably just thinking of the divorce settlement, especially as they have a kid…

1 Like

Is probably the reaction.

Verstappen is 18 seconds ahead on lap 36 of 57.
Yawn.

Fuck me, Polski is tbe gossip queen on The Horn