⚽ 👨‍💼 Football Manager 2022

Beta going live tonight

Saints won the league back in the late 1990s or whenever under my leadership.
Thorvaldur Pedersen was my MLT.
Then you had to start doing complicated shit and I gave up

I always love the annual Matt le god advert thread. He says less than me for 12 months then pops in with week to week updates on what Miles has been up to and why this game is so much better than just getting the latest update patch.

Anyone not employed by SI played it yet? What’s it like? Worth the money and all the patches to changed the team names and badges and stuff?

1 Like

Football Manager 2016 was the last one I bought, but I believe the latest is a day one GamePass jobbie, if you have that service.

It’s not the money though; it’s the time. You get to a certain age and it is difficult not to see all games as time-sinks, so you want to make sure that your time is well spent.

When I did play, I played like most of the rest of the world. Google bargain players and winning tactics. Sit back and get vague end of season platitudes about being a wonder-maker, etc.

e.g. not really a good use of my time

tbf to MLG, I don’t think he gets any remuneration for this. The nutcase does it for the glory alone!

Dunno if they still do this but they invented a classic mode, just for you. Of course, that involves forgoing most of the benefits of the yearly retail patch! :smiley:

And right now that would cost money.
So ain’t happening until I’m back in the corporate game in new year

Those spreadsheets will help you return to form in-game :smiley:

picturing @Matthew-Le-God boiling right now :smiley:

1 Like

Try the free demo, the game has changed a lot since the last FM you purchased it…

Try the free demo linked above.

Are you on commission?

:wink:

Of course he is…I believe he’s also moonlighting as a Member of Parliament. :woozy_face:

As I said earlier, it’s not the money.

It’s the time. Specifically, it’s the waste of time. Even when playing other computer games, I feel like I’m wasting less time. If I play something requiring reactions, I’m at least developing and maintaining some digital dexterity.

If I end up getting a full frame racing setup, that’ll be less of a waste of time. I’ll know things about racing lines and driving I didn’t know before.

If I play Football Manager again, all I’m going to do is spend time trying to beat a limited simulation which really ought to have moved on more given the sums it has amassed over the years.

How do you know if it has moved on or not from FM 16 unless you try it? It has been 6 years! :wink:

Screenshots. Most of the game could be done in a web browser.

Test drive on a free demo > window shopping screenshots

If I ever get fully back to corporate life & need an Evangelist I know who to call

I’m doing neither.

I’m playing Forza Horizon 5, a brand new, state of the art open world car game which makes significant progress from both its origin and its immediate predecessor.

I think that, or other AAA titles, will fill the void for most gamers this winter.