Florida

Th Ayatollah and I have snagged some cheap flights to Miami for a week at the end of March. Trying to decide where to go without spending days in the car.

Anyone got any suggestions of places to go preferably beaches, restaurants and bars and no theme parks.

North west to Siesta Key
or south to Key West
En route to Key West there are some nice stops along the Florida Keys.

Kayak around the everglades? Excellent for hiding bodies.

2 Likes

There is a rum distillery at one of the keys. Will have to check with Mrs G which one.

This is the kind of info I need.

Ensure presence of distillery / brewery and a dive shop, Then find a hotel that will meet the Ayatollahs minimum spec, sell the shit out of it to her, and then feign surprise when we turn up and she discovers all of my favourite pastimes are catered for within 50 yds of the hotel entrance

2 Likes

Key West is good lots of bars and the Hemmingway stuff going on

First place I went where I got a tab and paid it :slight_smile:

It’s where I’m off to for my Stag Do next year - so any good bars etc let us know!

I stayed here some years ago LOVED IT

Basically some old outbuildings/garages turned into self contained self catering chalets. With BBQ.
THEN they throw in a small cabin sailing boat rental, kayaks, fishing & snorkelling gear.
A big Publix supermarket near by and home of the Key Lime Pie also close.
One of the few places I would love to go back to. Sailed along the intercoastal waterway one day then out to a sand bar Island. I needed about 20 minutes refresher training and common sense to b e able to sail the boat around competently having only ever sailed when I was at school and then rarely was allowed to take the helm.
Key West was a couple of hours drive down the highway and an easy day trip which tbh is enough on the way back to Miami there is a big Everglades Park with the whole airboat and Alligator trip thing.
Loved it

1 Like