šŸŽµ Festivals 2018

Same here. I go to get fuck-faced, see things I donā€™t understand, exist outside of time for a few days.

I just canā€™t get that experience if the soundtrack is the music from a building society advert or MOTDā€™s goals of the month.

1 Like

And you can drink Mulled Cider at 5 quid a pint.
But totally agree with your sentiment Pap. Iā€™ve made no secret that we are trying to get out of here, yes we still have great moments but living in a land where even multi-storey car parks have chappies that hand you a cotton flannel to dry your hands in the bathroom gets too much eventually.
I love Glasto BECAUSE it is Medieval, BECAUSE it is a struggle and BECAUSE it is so unpredictable.
And DAMN I missed that last weekend.

2 Likes

As fun as Primavera was, and it was REALLY fun, I missed the camping.

Yes, I am glad I didnā€™t wake up in a tent in a car park in Barcelona. But that is part of the fun with a festival in the Glasto/Bestival mould.

So much so that Iā€™m trying to get a camping trip booked over the summer with some mates. Bet with enough tinnies, friends with guitars, speakers and, um, other things - itā€™d basically be a mini-festival.

You, folks, are witnessing the birth of KRGFest right here.

4 Likes

Mate, I am more than happy to get involved - not with your matesā€™ thing, but general festival creation. If there is one thing I have learned how to do in 43 years, itā€™s having fun.

Joint career change?

I still think ShortFest is a great idea. With you onboard, we could do a V Festival style TallFest in another part of the country :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jointfest sounds fun Pap

1 Like

Seriously, I think thereā€™s a lot of market for smaller festivals because I know the people that go to festivals. The less policing, the more ale of your own you can take in, the just hanging out with seven random people youā€™ve only just met, the less anyone cares about the bands that might be on.

But I can confirm they will both be Joint Fests. Going off @KRGā€™s previous attempts to meet people at Glastonbury, I am sure this policy will be adopted at TallFest.

1 Like

Thereā€™s loads of small festivals around the UK but sadly see some not continuing. Think maybe market is a bit saturated. Plus our weather doesnā€™t help some years.
But small fest and tall fest may just be the niche area. I can go to one and tall partner can go to the other. Bit of respite is good.

2 Likes

I want a list of Beer, Wine, Gin, and Rum Festivals sod the music.

1 Like