Fabric London

I saw Chase & Status in a club in Plymouth in, I think, 2008 before they had any singles out. Can’t remember much to be honest but seeing their live set on tv at festivals always makes me want to see them again.

Saw Chase and Status at Wireless a few years ago, they were decent.

Luckily, knowing a lot of the High Tide crew in Southampton, I’ve seen a lot of very good acts at very close quarters (James Zabiela for one in Mono one night with about 30 people, Carl Cox with a similar amount etc).

But then I do like my pounding, pounding techno music.

Me too, I’ve a pretty diverse taste when it comes sounds, I’m into lots of different stuff as long as it’s not too cheesy or housey … but it’s techno that’s always been my ‘buzz’ ever since the early days of Detroit (trance is meh !)

For the record, I’m not only about dance music, there’s just not much new happening in the guitar world that really floats my boat at the moment

2 Likes

Originally posted by @JBoy

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

Originally posted by @MrTrampoline

What makes this place so special? They’re all just large, darkened rooms where you can’t talk or hear.

I’ve never seen the variation in how good they are either.

You’d need to have an understanding of dance music and its culture to really get it.

If you’re seriously into the music, Fabric has become legendary. It pretty much rescued the London club scene and restored dance musics credibility after years of The Ministry of Sound ‘blinging’ it into the ground and diluting the fuck out of the music.

There’s a lot of comments here from people that have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, yet feel we give enough of a shit about their opinions that they should comment anyway.

They’re wrong.

If you don’t give a shit about the comments why are you commenting in response??

Because they’re spoiling my thread with ignorant fallacies that others that are trying to make up their opinions may take notice of.

So you do give a shit.

No, I don’t give a shit about the opinions. What I care is that other people might think they’re a valid opinion.

The issue here is the behaviour of the council and the police.

However, if the aftermath of the miners strikes, Hillsborough and London protests didn’t result in the necessary reforms to the police service, dont expect the closure of a poxy night club hardly anyone has heard of to have an impact.

Fabric appeals to the general population in the same way as Corbyn does according to some doubters.

It’s more at the jumping jaks closure end of the scale I somehow doubt it’s a prelude to a massive social movement, as nice as that might be.

1 Like

ffs it was a discotheque where someone played the modern equivalent of records.

If you like that sort of thing, then fine. Been there, done that and moved on…more my kids thing these days (though they don’t buy the “scene”).

There are more important things going on in the world. Get some perspective peeps. If not, then just carry on and enjoy.

But this thread was started by someone lamenting the loss of one of the countries best clubs and the threads subject predominantly being, it’s impact on the dance music scene. No mention of reforming policing, impacting on the general population or massive social movements.

So wind your neck in … this is a music thread !!. There’s plenty of political threads on this forum you can flex your muscles on.

If you don’t like that sort of thing then why are you posting on this thread ?

There’s more important things in this world than who’s the greatest ever guitarist … should Bletch not have started a thread about it ?

FFS lighten up

Eh? The first post was full of slagging off the police.

2 Likes

Sure he was slagging off the police, he was venting his frustration at them for their part in this. He certainly wasn’t wasn’t suggesting some deep examination into policing in the general population or starting movements to reform it.

Steve, stop being a cock / twat / wanker / asshole (del as applicable) If you want this thread and all other threads to be a love-fest about your favourite topics then you’re in the wrong place.

I’m posting on this thread precisely because I have an interest. I don’t think Fabric deserves the exposure it has received. Just my view, so don’t presume you are right and other people are not allowed to think otherwise.

FFS lighten up yourself.

1 Like

Anyway, (sorry to abandon you Cherts) I’m well over this thread now, it’s got a bit wanky so I’m outta here !!. Just bleat on amonst yourselves about the London riots, the miners strike and how any music that isn’t to your taste is complete shit :lou_facepalm_2:

I’m off to the darkside for half an hour, for some light relief

Twat

I think you are confusing this fine Papsweb with the Other Place. Now there is a thread where the above might just be appropriate.

Have never soiled my soul posting on the Other Place. Just don’t want this place to become a place where sanctimonious tools dictate what can or cannot be said…

More from the first page, Did you read any of this thread Steve?

2 Likes

Tonight, when I go to bed, I’ll take a moment to reflect on the days events and I’ll ask myself “what have you learnt today Steve ?” … to which I’ll answer, without hesitation

… “today Steve, I learnt that it’s good practice to read the whole fucking thread before arguing the subject”

Yep, twat is the word, saw the first few posts when the thread started and only dropped back into it today with all the music chat. Seems like I missed a whole big chunk of it, ie.the relevant bit with all the outrage and calls for change… not my finest moment …so here we go, time for humble pie !!

My apologies SWDP and Cobham, I bow my head in shame to you sirs.

4 Likes

Steve

No reason to apologise. No doubt you’ll be calling me a twat in the near future - I call myself one at least 10 times a day…

The thing I like about Papsweb / Sotonians is that we can call a cunt a cunt for twatish comments but then agree with said cunt on the next thread…

From my time on Sotonians a serious thread lasts about 6 posts before it goes off track…which is why I love this place…

Sleep well mate.

:lou_lol:

3 Likes

Great news if this happens:

3 Likes

Won’t be as good as the Derby scene :lou_is_a_flirt:

6 Likes

The London scene is saved, no need to go to Derby for a good night out

2 Likes