Fabric London

And that’s fine, some people don’t get it. But my Missus can’t tell the difference between Saints and Barcelona playing football (insert joke here). Doesn’t mean there isn’t one though.

It’s why I couldn’t be arsed to continue the debate.

No, no, I do understand. At the end of the day you can be reductionist about anything. Music is just organised noise, football is just men kicking a ball around, The Lord of the Rings is just a book etc.etc.

I was just commenting on the fact that I never managed to get into the whole clubbing scene!

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy a good night on the lash with some regularity - but a club is a club is a club to me. Hell I was a fan of Jesters back at uni.

Yeah with you there, that’s why i mentioned the NY link. Apparently closed the whole lot down, so one of the great nightlife cities basically isn’t anymore. Shame for the younger generation.

1 Like

Why can’t they just reopen under a different name? How about doing it in a different city? Maybe because they wouldn’t get away with charging £10 for a bottle of water like all these pretentious clubs in London and Ibiza.

1 Like

Originally posted by @JBoy

Why can’t they just reopen under a different name? How about doing it in a different city? Maybe because they wouldn’t get away with charging £10 for a bottle of water like all these pretentious clubs in London and Ibiza

make no mistake, this is not a loss to the"owners".

I can almost guarantee that they will open a “legacy” club under the same name and charge a premium for the privilege.

The “followers” of this club are fools. The owners are after the money & don’t give a shit about anything else.

Fuckwits.

I

Bite.

They could house Fabric and all the MPs (while Parliament is renovated) in the same building. How about that new development by West Quay? They could shoot a reality TV show at the same time.

Jesters is not a great example of a quality night out. I never studied in Southampton, so I was never a regular recipient of the dubious pleasure.

Huge variations in places that stay open after dark. I only experienced a fraction of the London club scene. The best nights I ever had weren’t anything I ever planned to go to, and aren’t real clubs. Both bespoke parties organised by people that some on here will know. The rave under London Bridge, in retrospect, was something epic. Imperial Gardens was nothing like London Bridge in terms of venue, but I ended up meeting some interesting people and briefly did the Brixton hard house scene.

Mostly, these clubs are about getting fucked up and happy, the right kind. The best sorts of clubs have always played good music and been able to identify and mix the right sort of happy so that everyone has a good time. Anyone relying on alcohol sales is doing it wrong.

2 Likes

You’d need to have an understanding of dance music and its culture to really get it.

If you’re seriously into the music, Fabric has become legendary. It pretty much rescued the London club scene and restored dance musics credibility after years of The Ministry of Sound ‘blinging’ it into the ground and diluting the fuck out of the music.

3 Likes

It does not cost £10 for a bottle of water at Fabric, nowhere near.

The point is that Fabric is not a pretentious club, that’s why it’s such a loss.

There’s a lot of comments here from people that have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, yet feel we give enough of a shit about their opinions that they should comment anyway.

They’re wrong.

Steve may be in the forest but he says it like it is. :clap:

Hehe … I’ve been round the block in my time.

Don’t do the club thing too much nowadays, I feel a bit ancient in amongst all the young, fresh faced revellers !!

The music’s always been a passion tho’ and still is … I just partake at home or friends homes nowadays :cool:

1 Like

Likewise Steve. Music never leaves me. In fact my ears are still ringing from Faithless last month :cool:

1 Like

I did SW4 a couple of Sunday’s back. Fucking banging. The Chems just destroyed!!

If you don’t give a shit about the comments why are you commenting in response??

Because they’re spoiling my thread with ignorant fallacies that others that are trying to make up their opinions may take notice of.

1 Like

My best mate is Chase and Status’s FOH sound engineer, so I get to the see them quite a bit … I’ve seen most of the top dance acts over the years (incl.The Chems and Faithless) but the C&S live set is something else. It’s fuckin’ amazing, I always leave the gig feeling like I’ve just done 10 rounds with Manny Paquiao !! They’re doing Skateland Guildhall as part of their autumn tour and if you haven’t seen them before it’s worth checking out, even if drum’n’bass isn’t particularly your genre.

He also does the sound for another d’n’b act Sigma, who IMO are generic nonsense and pretty lame … he reckons he enjoys working with them but there again Oriel Romeu reckons he enjoys Puels diamond !! :lou_wink:

1 Like

Saw Chase and Status at Wireless a few years ago, they were decent.

Luckily, knowing a lot of the High Tide crew in Southampton, I’ve seen a lot of very good acts at very close quarters (James Zabiela for one in Mono one night with about 30 people, Carl Cox with a similar amount etc).

But then I do like my pounding, pounding techno music.

So you do give a shit.