FA Cup: Humble Pie Eaters vs the Saints

Saints fan right there.

5 Likes

5 Likes

A Lawro speaks, with another unfunny Scouser making his predictions too

Wigan v Southampton (FA Cup, 13:30 GMT)

Seeing Southampton change their manager was probably the last thing that Wigan boss Paul Cook wanted to see in the run-up to this tie, because Mark Hughes replacing Mauricio Pellegrino will bring a reaction from the Saints players.

As well as Wigan have done to reach this stage, I think this is where their FA Cup adventure ends this season.

That is not all bad news because it means they can turn their attention to getting promotion out of League One, because before they beat Bradford with a late goal on Wednesday, their form had just started to dip a bit.

**Lawro’s prediction: ** 0-2

John’s prediction: I think if there is a surprise in the FA Cup, it will be in this tie. Wigan have got a lot of momentum behind them, and they have not had an easy run to get here. I fancy them again. 1-0

That’s us done then…

Just lost my virginity … and listened to a presser. I was interested in hearing what Sparky had to say and do you know what …

WE’RE GONNA STAY UP, WE’RE GONNA STAY UP

He spoke with great articulation and with great feeling. We’re in safe hands I tell you. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea (mine included for no other reason that he always comes across as a bit of a boring old fuddy duddy) but I think he’ll do right by us and keep us up. He had lots of positives to say about the team and even more positives about Super Charlie. Apparently there’s a distinct possibility of a West Ham return. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas …

CD x

1 Like

I’ve just the same, albeit shorter, in the Mark Hughes appointed thread.

He actually sounded quite positive.

And he’s going to take the cup seriously as it can give positive energy (got to win the game first mind…)

Strangely confident this, was talking to a bloke who works for EFC this morning through my battered trap and he is doing Leicester for the Cup and a double of Leicester and Wigan this weekend, fuck that we’re winning 2-0 and so will Chelsea.

Alas not going as I feel like boiled shite and I never get ill but I have the ultimate glory fan days off for the Semi and Final.

1 Like

Ever been on a night out in Wigan? Interesting to say the least. Only out weirded in terms of the locals by their neighbours in Warrington.

1-2 Saints.

1 Like

Hmm. To pub or not to pub. That is the question.

After last week no way.

Now? Depends on some MBA Marketing Luvvies as to what time they want their meeting tomorrow.

Am so NOT going to a beach bar in a suit & tie at 4pm though

The fact I’m even trying to work out how to get there shows the

#sparkyeffect

Or not…

https://twitter.com/LeeDolbear7/status/974913279108755456

Cant see any updates on Yodhidas chances for this game

Any weather updates?

I know the 6:55 train was cancelled which will screw a lot of our fans and saw tweets saying it was clear pop North.

Got drinking/dining/defrosting decisions to make!

Blimey

Wigan not too bad at the moment

But even bigger salute to the 4,000 odd trying to get to Wigan today

2 Likes
1 Like

When you realise you left for the pub an hour early

#tooexcited

:lou_facepalm_2:

I’d pick

Macca

Cedric. Maya Hoedt Bert

Oriel Lemons

JWP Reds

Boufal

Carrillo

But what do I know

It is a free shot at starting Gabbi & Carrillo up front with Chazza due back for wet spam but not sure they would both be right for a high effort game

3 Likes