:evertonfc: Everton v Saints :saints: (PL)

God, what a pile of shite that was.

Donā€™t think that they needed so much help from Mason when we made it hard enough for ourselves.

Much better second half.

Ripping the midfield apart to put forwards on was brave but an error in hindsight. We just didnā€™t control the game from that point on.

Pleased with some of our attacking play.

1 Like

Well, we did well to only lose 2-1.
We were a joke defensively, especially in the first half.
I like Ings and McCarthy, not bothered about anyone else.
Hoedt and Stephens were poor. Lemina didnt do much apart from get lucky not be sent off. Romeu anonymous. Gabbi and Long offered little when they came on. Austin has been poor for both games so far. I forgot Redmond was playing.

All in all, 2-1 is actually a good result for us - What are the Chinese saying!

1 Like

Did we play 4 at the back because it was the right thing to do it because Vestergaard wasnā€™t fit?

Had we prepared all week for 4 or 5.

Dunno.

Still feels like Hughes has not really understood how to set us up and with which personnel.

It feels to me that Hoedt and Stephens are actually as bad as the SWF gang make out. Iā€™ve always given Hoedt the benefit of the doubt but both looked completely out of their depth today. They honestly donā€™t look like they have a clue what to do. We should have signed Wes Morgan from Leicester - we need someone with big balls. We havent even got sweet and sour pork balls because the Chinese have gone missing.

1 Like

I may have over-egged the last bit about the chinese

I donā€™t want to see Hoedt, Stephens or Lemina in a red and white shirt ever again. Wtf did I just see ? First half we looked like we were on the fucking beach somewhere in La La Land. Second half it kind of kicked in after Sparky had put a few fuck in to them but fuck me that was bad. We were never at the second ball. Our defence ā€¦ fuck me thatā€™s a car crash. Iā€™m normally in the happy clapping camp but Iā€™m 4 Ghost Ships down and fucking mithering. I hate this club ā€¦ COYR. Next week weā€™ll be winners. SCD out.

3 Likes

And to top it all my fucking avatar has gone awol with Lemina. I fucking hate all things Saints. COYR

2 Likes

Blame @saintbletch

45% of Sotonian voters said we would win. :lou_facepalm_2:

WTF were you thinkingā€¦we havenā€™t won at Everton since I was a young manā€¦Get a grip.

OK we lost and I voted for a score draw. I donā€™t think that was a bad callā€¦we had our chances and despite our poor defending could have grabbed a point if weā€™d taken our chances. On another day Danny would have had a couple.

So after 2 games we have a pointā€¦about what was expected at the start of the season. Hughes will knock them into shapeā€¦like a lot of defensive units take out a keystone and the unit looks fragile. Letā€™s hope the keystone is back to shore up the defense for the rest of the season.

What is the problem with Maya & Bednarek? Not fit yet or what?

2 Likes

The first 5 balls into our box from free kicks or corners were won by Everton players largely uncontested.

Time to do a Adkins on this one I think

1 Like

Flatline?

The redline in the mirror?

Only eat bacon for a week?

Sack the defence and bring in 4 unknown Argieā€™s?

Maya surely should start the next match.

1 Like

Yepā€¦ And itā€™s come to something when weā€™re pining for yoshida. Heā€™s grown into a decent CB, not the saviour of the club.

3 Likes