⚽ European Super League

6 Likes

Its a shame they hadn’t fucked off before the 14/15 season

1 Like

Let’s not forget the mighty Arsenal. In 9th. 9th!

With Leeds and Villa right behind them with games in hand.

You could not make this shit fest up.

The ESL has sent a letter to Fifa president Gianni Infantino and Uefa boss Aleksander Ceferin issuing notice of legal proceedings in European courts designed to block any sanctions the two governing bodies may try enforce over the formation of the ESL

From the BBC, tells us all we need to know about these twats

2 Likes

If the courts can block conditions of a private competition- not had much luck before.
If they cant then teams playing them should take a knee then turn their backs and not play

The FA have this “golden Share” business - what can they do with that

1 Like

JP Morgan have confirmed they are funding this bullshit. Not a surprise, just a question of which mega bank

Seeing as this is the yanks driving this through, I can see a few changes coming in

• Games played in quarters

• Rolling subs

• Deeefence and offence

• Overtime in the event of draws

We really are irrelevant.
Whatever we do will not matter.
The millions of fans around the world who go to World Cup fan zones the BeiN sports subscribers, these are the future fans.
Kick them out?
They wont care, they can make their money playing in Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, New York.
The TV rights money will grow because they can change kick off times to local markets.
Spurs v Inter at 5am UK time who cares because Amazon or DAZN will have their subscriptions

Kick them out today.
Revoke the Golden Shares.

They’ll make their money they’ll buy African, Asian South American talent, and lots of kids will join their Academies for money not glory.

1 Like

Indeed, it does make me laugh (bitter sweet) with all the ‘will fans stand for it’ rhetoric … the fans at games provide only a small fraction of these club’s revenue… the ex-domestic TV audience has the biggest potential for revenue and its all that matters…

Will be interesting when they all start arguing about % versus negotiating their own rights…

1 Like

FIFA and UEFA are, effectively, private members club, they can (within limits) write their own rules of admission…

Indeed they can… but they won’t. If they do, they reduce the commercial value of their own competitions if the worlds best players are excluded… and their own financial obsession will win out… or you get a breakaway global authority …WFF (World Football Federation) that just run its own world cup… its how this shit starts

1 Like

It’s called negotiations. Or brinkmanship. Or Billy big bollocks

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Not sure they will launch their own governing body - why the hell would they want some one else telling them what to do, having just got rid of the last lot

More likely that as they expand their franchise by allowing clubs like Miami or Boca Juniors to join, they will just call it the world championship

PDC vs BDO springs to mind.

I doubt its on the Agenda at this time, but i stew ‘option’ if they can’t negotiate their now way with UEFA and FIFA

Liverpool fans spell out what they think:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2LsNxnjhl/?igshid=23ajtmb7yrgp

I’d much rather it be a 20 team Premier League where everyone has broadly the same resources and can therefore have a chance of winning through the use of superior tactics and recruitment, rather than there be 6 teams with double the money of the other 14.

Could be a chance to make real, positive change - add in a salary cap/financial regulations to keep it at a level playing field (the one good bit of MLS) and it’s still a compelling product. Invite Celtic and Rangers to come in and add 4 Championship teams and I’m all for it.

I’ll honestly be furious if the FA, UEFA and FIFA just bend over at the end of the day and let them get away with their brinkmanship in order to get a bigger slice of the pie. Just let them take their ball home with them and see how it works out for them - I think it would get very boring after a couple of seasons and would subsequently relish the 8-10 years it’ll take the Big 6 to all get back from National League to Premier League…

4 Likes

In truth it is way more than double the resources in the majority of instances.