⚽ European Super League

5 Likes

Good, about time someone stands up to the greed of these clubs.

8 Likes

I would be more than happy for them to all fuck off.

8 Likes

Don’t think that will deter them at all, they’ll make more money from a Super League than their domestic leagues…

FIFA also say participation by players will mean they will not be permitted to appear in the World Cup.

2 Likes

Ah, now that’s much more of a deterrent that is…

1 Like

To make the money they plan, then the cost of watching football on TV has to go up.
So then it comes down to fans across Europe boycotting those broadcasters

8 Likes
3 Likes

So, it’s not all about maximising profit then :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Sadly that would last 5 minutes… any commercial value in a World cop would be seriously reduced without the worlds top players… FIFA will capitulate and go where the cash is…

Yes but Uefa and the Premier League (and all the others) also say players will also be banned from taking part in all domestic, and European, competitions.

So it’s a case of our big bollocks are bigger than the clubs.

2 Likes

What I meant was, that I suspect FIFA would not ban the players from WC internationals…so banning from domestic and EU competitions would not be a disincentive for those clubs… Money will determine this IMHO, if its big, then the waverers will also join up.

Personally, having clubs such as City who are sponsored by a country in domestic leagues, is simply working and getting rid of these plastic super clubs, might actually mean we get a more just and level domestic playing field…

… having said that, will it happen? with only 12 clubs so far and half those English, does not seem to have full support as yet… most likely a well timed muscle flexing as they negotiate with UEFA on the extended CL cash?

EDIT: Update this morning seem they want their cake and eat, it, playing mid week, and then having 5 clubs a season join the 15… an attempt to get more support form those not initially involved? Greedy fuckers want to hoover up all the cash domestically and from the SL… yet spout shite about more cash for the ‘game’ - (more for agents and player wages…)

They have the fucking cheek to talk about the losses during these unpredictable times… well its their own fucking fault entering into stupid contracts with players demanding 200k a week plus…

Cunts

2 Likes

I’m not sure how these TV deals will work in reality

The reason why the EPL has so much money is that Sky has been rooking a great chunk of the British public for years. No doubt that the SL will have another subscription attached to it.

Does the British public have the appetite to pay for yet another format

I wouldn’t because I don’t give a fuck about any of the teams in it.

One interesting scenario

If the SL goes ahead and Uefa and Fifa follow through on this, you can’t represent your country, could a player claim breach of contract and leave on a free?

The legalities are a nightmare for clubs… FIFA can stop players playing as its competition rules and FIFA dont pay players for WC… The FAs pay ‘bonuses’ for success, but no contracts between Players and FIFA

I think for players at clubs like ours, wanted by the SL clubs (not many to be fair), it could be a legal mare… any employment law experts on here able to comment?

CB, does the B stand for Bosman?

I’ve been thinking on it and I don’t think banning players from WC competitions will be much of a detriment, most of the players couldn’t give a flying damn about their national team.

What this will do is make the “lesser” national teams better, wouldn’t effect England that much, Brazil would be the most affacted…