:uefa_logo: Euro 2020 - Group D - 🇨🇿 Czech Republic v England :engerland: (Live on :itv_logo:)

Euro 2020 - Group D - @Polski_Filip :czech_republic: v :engerland: @Lets-B-Drinking

We have better Lager.
No contest

We have better Indian restaurants. Took ages to get over Prague and I met up with Eric.

1 Like

So, are we going to shit the bed or what?

Ohh yes big time

Fully expecting a midfield of Rice, Henderson and Phillips so another bore draw.

Ron AtkinsonDanny Murphy thinks Henderson should play :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Actually rather he played 1st game back when it’s a dead runner than v France in next round

I’d rather he didn’t actually play ANY game but there you go…

2 Likes

This. Picking a player who has barely played for months is bonkers, in a euro championship no less.

1 Like

What is wrong with England managers - they seem fine in the qualis but get a brain fart in the tournaments and pick players that are unfit / out of form in the blind hope that the might come good

1 Like

Because after we have qualified the British press big up the big name players so much that he would be lynched by a mob of pitchfork wielding Manure supporters because he never picked one of the golden boys.

4 Likes

“what extra does Harry Maguire bring”

Is the answer Nothing?

1 Like

Saka?
No Sancho.
Foden not in squad.
Wtf?

No Henderson at least. Small sodding mercies

3 Likes

Embarrassingly, I had to look up Saka on Wiki, as I had never heard of him.
No problems, I admit that in 1966 I had not heard of Geof Hurst either.
So Saka must be up to score a hat trick tonight.

1 Like

Is it just me or do most of Sotonians feel very meh about England at the moment.
Just can’t get worked up about any of their games.

Meh…

4 Likes

Not just you! Gone are the days when most of the country got excited about an England international.
You don’t even have to think hard as to why this is, quite apart from them not winning any memorable games.
late 60’s onwards - first discussion at work “did you watch the match?”.
Not sure when it all changed, but now too embarrassed to ask anyone if they watched the game.
Very few flags on cars, virtually none hanging out of bedroom windows.

2 Likes

Fucking Covid doesn’t help - it’s not like we can all crowd into the pub