Electronics Purchase

What was your worst ever electronics purchase and why did you buy it?

Mine has to be an IPad Pro with detachable keyboard.

Thought I would only be using it for webrowsing and email stuff that I could do whilst traveling between airports, Work and Home.

I think its really a laptop and its bloody not, does about half of what I expected it to do just does not have the functionality. So looks like i will be purchasing a new Mackbook Air when the next model comes out.

Not the worst…but my first digital camera in Feb 1999. Any early entry buy is going to be quickly outdated and the rate the spec for digital cameras advanced this one was sadly lacking within the year.

In retrospect it was a really good buy as it rekindled my photography hobby. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

What was your worst ever electronics purchase and why did you buy it?

Mine has to be an IPad Pro with detachable keyboard.

Thought I would only be using it for webrowsing and email stuff that I could do whilst traveling between airports, Work and Home.

I think its really a laptop and its bloody not, does about half of what I expected it to do just does not have the functionality. So looks like i will be purchasing a new Mackbook Air when the next model comes out.

An entire citrix platform for the businss some years back - the users have never forgiven me

3 Likes

My first digital camera you had to insert floppy disc’s into it

Was the bee’s knee’s wish I still had it around as I could then see what is on all the little bits of plastic that the grandkids keep asking “What are these”

Not a Gadget but worst electrical item - a Campomatic Combo Gas Hob Electric Oven Cooker.

It was a complete crock of shit broke within 3 months took 8 weeks for spare parts to arrive which broke again.

In 4 years we had service people out something like 15 times

Worst electronics? A portable CD Player - about a week before they became completely obsolete cost $100 and was never used as our new laptops at work had CD Drives…

1 Like

Oh and don’t get me started on Digital Video Cameras.

Bought a JVC for a family holiday in Australia. Came home found it didn’t connect to any computers only to a JVC Video player…

Anyone else got hours of old type Video tapes you took with no labels and no way to view them any more?

Oh and which of you chumps bought a Betamax?

My elder brother bought a Betamax with (Connected remote control) a six foot cable with his bonus for going to the Falklands in 82.

Bloody good picture and recording ability should have been the standard over VHS IMHO. But Sony fucked up.

1 Like

One of the first ever portable CD players. I don’t know why they made them. The only thing they were good for was listening to something in a static position (they skipped like fuck), defeating the entire point of portability.

Bush or Alba?