🇾🇪 Don't mention Yemen

Sometimes you have to wonder what the fuck is the matter with these people. What actual threat to Saudi is the Yemen? What have they done to you, that you haven’t funded other murderous bastards to do to others?

1 Like

I suspect it’s about geopolitical issues. See where Yemen is on a map…

I mentioned on Goaty Gadgets thread that my latest best app is flight Radar 24.

There are no flights in Yemen / where planes have their transponders on. All commercial flights skip the region…

Mind you, there appear to be only two flights a week in North Korea…

4 Likes
1 Like

The rebranding of ISIS

Relocation to Yemen (and Egypt & Afghanistan) - a local piece so re-posting it

1 Like

At least 40 missing on the Island of Socotra. Saudi have sent troops to help.

Storm has hit the Oman Coast near Salalah as a Cat 2 Hurricane killing one 2 year old child.

Heading inland nd expecting to veer North West away from us, Air locally today is “heavy” and we have overcast conditions too much wind for the beach but not causing any blowing dust (yet)

We have caught the tail end of Cyclones a couple of times in my 25 years. So nothing “new” they build up with the mix of air between the desert here and the Monsoon Air in India.

Salalah is an interesting region - a huge “local” tourist centre in the summer months as it is seen as a respite fromo the never ending heat of here, with a great deal of greenery. It’s about a 10 hour drive and one of those “must go sometime” that we never do

I guess the US could be tempted to step in and stop those damned Houthis from trying to conquer the world eh bazza?

We should be well out of Yemen, nothing to do with us at all.

Sounds like a cue for another round of humanitarian bombing. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/reasonlives/status/1024392898064932864

1 Like

Wow, just wow.

The failure of our news media is just as much to blame. Taibbi cites the remarkable figure that MSNBC hasn’t run a single segment on Yemen since July of last year. This neglect of the world’s most important story is typical for both cable and broadcast news coverage. One would think that “Trump helps despots cause famine in extremely poor country” would be an easy story for determined opponents of the president to tell, but they would prefer to talk about anything but that. It is a deeply shameful episode in the history of this country, and many of our politicians and pundits would just as soon sweep it under the rug.

1 Like

If they start fighting over Hodeidah, it could end up being history’s largest genocide. The un even admitted it and they’re not alone

“If this attack goes ahead”, Oxfam chief executive Mark Goldring told the press when a similar attack was proposed earlier last year, “this will be a deliberate act that will disrupt vital supplies – the Saudi-led coalition will not only breach International Humanitarian Law, they will be complicit in near certain famine.” His colleague Suze Vanmeegan added that “any attack on Hodeidah has the potential to blast an already alarming crisis into a complete horror show – and I’m not using hyperbole.”

Oh dear, to late.

It’s this old saying, that seems to fit the msm so well now.
When truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie.

But it’ll keep the shareholders happy (and the politicians who have links to armaments firms)

That’s all that matters to the Government Of UK Plc isn’t it?

1 Like
4 Likes