šŸ“ŗ Documentaries

Bastard.

Iā€™ve just binged this (well in amongst football and Punk IPA) and couldnā€™t turn it off.

And itā€™s all your fault @gavstar

Fantastic TV in the same mould as Making a Murderer.

Warning contains enormous spoiler

Gutted that he had to take a guilty plea at the end. Seems so unfair.

Just watched the first episode of four on Channel 4 (Saturday 7pm) of ā€œA Year in The New Forestā€

Beautiful photography does justice to the beautiful autumnal landscape. The first episode follows the life of The Commoners.

@papā€™s family are on the TV?

1 Like

Oi, feck orf! Theyā€™se Probably my muckers, coming from The Waterside anā€™ all

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Probably need the inside line on this from @steveintheforest :lou_lol:

I finished watching this yesterday. Itā€™s engrossing and interesting. Good recommendation

without spoiling too much were you satisfied with the outcome? Iā€™m still in two minds as to what actually happened.

Donā€™t read this is you went to watch it

Well, I have to be satisfied with the outcome given that I donā€™t know what happened or the truth of it all. I havenā€™t a clue whether he killed her or not. I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever know. But the end is the end, itā€™s what happened. I canā€™t complain about the ending of a documentary because itā€™s out of the film makers hands.

1 Like

Same here.

I wanted to believe in him and I think because his lawyer was such an amazing character, I believed his defence. But if I stop and actually think of the details and that massive coincidence vis-a-vis two dead wives on two staircases, I struggle to exonerate him completely in my mind. Fantastic TV.

2 Likes

I want to do fuzzy words tooā€¦

Just the image of the first scene and the nature of the injuries seemed inexplicable to me to have been caused by an accident, having seen first hand lterally hundreds of people who have suffered falls and head injuries. But like Fats says I guess we will never really know what happened.

2 Likes

agreed about the defence lawyerā€¦ He was brilliant

1 Like

Thank fuck, its a spoiler blur thing, For a moment there I thought all that wanking had finally caught up with meā€¦

3 Likes

Oh fuck right off you lot - thatā€™s another fucking thing I donā€™t have the patience* to figure out & nobody will tell me and take the piss until @BTripz takes pity on meā€¦eventually.

*Ok, I admit it Iā€™m a Technofucktard

:lou_sad:

1 Like

Watched Ed Balls last perfectly sum up why many people voted for Trump and in our own way the Brexit vote, I like Balls but he like all left/Liberals ignorantly fail to understand or grasp any argument other than their own, like the black guy redneck openly voting for Trump or the Mexican who swam to the US, they just donā€™t get it.
Great show though and I really hope he does more of this sort of stuff, he is a likable bloke.

Fuck sake @Cobham-Saint do what I do.

hit buttons randomly until you see something that looks like the something you want to do

Be the best at what you do :+1:

Summary

Or hit the cog when editing a post then choose ā€œBlur Spoilerā€

3 Likes

OK @Cobham-Saint let the old fart show you again. You justā€¦

Write the text spoiler like soā€¦and then highlight the text you want to blurā€¦top right, click on the cogwheel icon and select "Blur spoiler from the drop-down list.

OK what I blurred was thisā€¦ "Write the text spoiler like soā€¦and then highlight the text you want to blurā€¦top right, click on the cogwheel icon and select ā€œBlur spoiler from the drop-down listā€ :lou_sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ok - which Sotonian is the biggest knob (not has)

• Bob
  • Everyone else

0 voters

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

techotard :lou_angry:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching ed balls in trumpland and have to say heā€™s very good. Interesting programmes.

Louis Theroux has his reccomendations of documentaries on the BBC iPlayer. Iā€™ve seen some before but seen some new ones today. Thereā€™s some excellent ones. 1975 Mini is very good and then you can see some follow up to it on YouTube.

The football season has started, honey.