⚰ Death

Jon Gittens ,ex-Saints defender, has died today, aged 55.

After his playing career ended, he worked for Solent University, coaching their footy team and I played several rounds of golf with him.

Lovely guy.

2 Likes

No age at all.

2 Likes

Oh God, that’s no good at all. RIP Jon.

Doris Day. RIP Aged 96 (good innings)

Those 50s and 60s comedies with Rock Hudson (who knew?) and Cary Grant et al, were great for their time

images

1 Like

Jeremy Kyle has a fucking nerve killing off one of his guests.

The shame of it, stealing ideas from Noel Edmonds.

Bob Hawke, former Australian Prime Minister, has died at the age of 89. Known for his plain speaking, he was once described as someone “who calls a spade a bloody shovel”.

Once held the world record for necking a yard of ale. RIP.

I.M. Pei is dead at 102. Famous for the the glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris.
I feel there’s a joke in there somewhere, but i can’t see it.

Well, this is Social Media so very sad news.
The original Grumpy Cat has passed away.

Propper pissed off now if you’ll excuse the pun.

2 Likes

Its alright though, the Sotonians Grumpy cunt is still alive

2 Likes

Which one ?

2 Likes

There are too many of us to mention…some more grumpy, some bigger cunts

1 Like

Niki Lauda Austrian Formula 1 driver has parked it at 70

2 Likes

Even though it’s a sport that bores me rigid (seriously, I’d far rather watch paint dry), Lauda’s story really is extraordinary. To suffer the injuries that he did (his lungs, and not the burns, were the worst part) and be back on the track just six weeks later, then win the world title the following year - astonishing.

6 Likes

This news has genuinely saddened me, the desire to get back to what he loved doing best after that horrific crash is incomparable…

4 Likes

It is sad, but unlike many he truly inspired, not just his driving but also in his second career in business.
RIP

Noooo

Oh no! Not Avon! The most magnificently sarcastic man ever to appear on television. He and the lovely Servalan were the true stars of that show. And Orac, of course.

7 Likes