⚰ Death

I’m in total agreement with Ding and Mr Krap.

I saw Talk Talk in 1982 when the first album was out, but one of my deep regrets was not to see them 86 or later when they had produced 2 of the greatest albums of all time.

I don’t think they played live again after Colour of Spring, so it’s not your fault you missed them.

Andy Anderson drummer of The Cure for their Lovecats single has passed away from cancer

St Peter is currently at the pearly gates arguing with some guy about his name.

“Previn. It’s PREVIN…”

“Of course it is, Mr Preview. Come in, you were expected.”

3 Likes

I was introduced to the music of Andrre Previn at school in 1964. Our English teacher was a huge fan of Previn’s days as a Jazz pianist…and hugely talented a dazzling virtuoso…

Andre? surely not?

Firestarter. Twisted firestarter.

Well only if Keith Flint is getting cremated.

The Prodigy have had a massive impact on me over the last 25 years, and although Keith wasn’t the driving force (essentially a hyperactive Bez in the early days) he was still a big part of the band’s persona.

Bit late for him now but a great track :lou_sad:

All through my early days clubbing in Dubai and an epic headline on The Other Stage at Glasto, like you said ,big part of my middle age

Just seen the Keith Flint news. Wtf! Seen them quite a few times and have some fab memories of dancing in Jesters with mates to their early stuff. So much part of my music collection too.

Am I the only one that didn’t really “get” the Prodigy??

I don’t get the Beatles. We all have different tastes and that’s all fine.

I don’t get the Beatles either, or Elvis for that matter…

You clearly didn’t combine clubbing & Jaegerbombs at the right moment in history

2 Likes

You’re dead to me.

2 Likes

Well you wouldn’t expect me to get The Prodigy, so no I didn’t. Recognised the attraction for younger people but generally didn’t go out of my way to listen but would have been nigh on impossible to miss their early hits.

Got The Beatles because I was 15…didn’t get Elvis after his stint in the Army because he turned to crap.

Pretty eclectic tastes after that. Most of my heroes are either dead or on their last legs.

Liam Howlett has just confirmed that his death was a suicide. Very sad.

Yeah saw that in Instagram. Listening to Prodigy loud at home today.

1 Like

Wasn’t really impressed with the prodigy but that is sad news

Bugger.

https://twitter.com/emilyeavis/status/1102569665883197442?s=19

2 Likes